2022 NFL Coach/GM Firings-Hirings Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Leslie Frazier's stock must have taken a hit after yesterday's debacle.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wow, real football lady there...
She's just the owner to be fair, it's not like she's getting interviews for GM jobs based on 4 years of football experience and because she put on some cute glasses to make these neanderthal football guys feel like she's attainable.

As an aside, if Payton leaves you can lock him up as our HC in 2023.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not going to stay there 30 years and I doubt he wants to retire at 62 or whatever, so ultimately I think the chances of him coaching Dallas in the next 5-7 years are relatively high.
Yeah, not sure I care about a 2019 statement for a guy that was staying with the Saints. If he steps away for a year I doubt he would be going back to the Saints a year later. It's really that simple. So if he is leaving, there are 31 other options.

On a side note I kind of wonder if Sean Payton is the reason Jerry makes these stupid moves like promoting Garrett or promoting Moore prematurely. He is so afraid of letting a Sean Payton assistant go that he is now freaked out by letting these lesser coaches go who he thinks are great offensive minds. The problem is these coaches aren't Sean Payton. Garrett especially. He may be a smart man but he isn't a smart coach.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, not sure I care about a 2019 statement for a guy that was staying with the Saints. If he steps away for a year I doubt he would be going back to the Saints a year later. It's really that simple. So if he is leaving, there are 31 other options.

On a side note I kind of wonder if Sean Payton is the reason Jerry makes these stupid moves like promoting Garrett or promoting Moore prematurely. He is so afraid of letting a Sean Payton assistant go that he is now freaked out by letting these lesser coaches go who he thinks are great offensive minds. The problem is these coaches aren't Sean Payton. Garrett especially. He may be a smart man but he isn't a smart coach.
He's 100% the reason Jerry gets so invested in these young "guru" types, and ultimately for him overvaluing them.

It's the main reason that I'm certain if Payton actually leaves NO he'll be the HC in Dallas in 2023 unless we somehow make at least an NFCC, if not further next year.

Top Bottom