2022 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is an 80 year old man who erringly assumed modern technology would not be able to decipher what he was showing from across the room
I doubt it. It's probably the simplest explanation there is. He just didn't give a shit.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I doubt it. It's probably the simplest explanation there is. He just didn't give a shit.
No doubt he wanted members of the press to come up to him afterwards and off the record verify he wasn't bullshitting while fellating him over some scotch.

I don't think he intended to let fly the whole damned list.

The fact that it confirms the Cowboys believe the Giants got the two best players in the draft is something I'm sure Jerry would not like shared.

He wanted to show one thing, and the senile fuck revealed quite a bit more.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The fact that it confirms the Cowboys believe the Giants got the two best players in the draft is something I'm sure Jerry would not like shared.
This is not a big deal. I think you are making way more out of this than it really needs. They had two picks at the very top of the draft. We knew going in they were coming out looking good. It wasn't a surprise.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is not a big deal. I think you are making way more out of this than it really needs. They had two picks at the very top of the draft. We knew going in they were coming out looking good. It wasn't a surprise.
What I'm saying is Jerry didn't mean to leak the franchise's raw opinions (of the Giant's draft and every player on and not on that list).

He cares enough to have the space to tell his own lies. For example, four years from now he can't bullshit woo some free agent from this draft class claiming he had them ranked highly when the actual truth is now public record.

Bottom line he might say "fuck it" now, but I bet he doesn't do this again next year (assuming he's alive)

p1_

DCC 4Life
What I'm saying is Jerry didn't mean to leak the franchise's raw opinions (of the Giant's draft and every player on and not on that list).

He cares enough to have the space to tell his own lies. For example, four years from now he can't bullshit woo some free agent from this draft class claiming he had them ranked highly when the actual truth is now public record.

Bottom line he might say "fuck it" now, but I bet he doesn't do this again next year (assuming he's alive)
He’s done it several times though.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

WGAS what Jerry says? Seriously? People pick and choose when they want to be offended by him.

And this? Way too overblown. And I doubt he is trying to 'woo' some FA 4 whatever years down the road by pumping smoke up their ass over where he had them ranked.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Agreed.

IMO, it still comes down to coaching & player development. As expected they got some great names/talent because of how high their picks were. But as we've seen with a few other teams who seem to always have picks near the top of the draft, getting the talent is only one part of the equation. If these guys aren't put in an environment that offers proper coaching and development, there's a much higher likelihood that their players will be busts.

It feels like the Jets & Lions receive A's on their draft grades every year. But the on field results never change because coaching and player development sucks.

I expect the same from the Giants until proven otherwise, because that's been their calling card over the last decade.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed.

IMO, it still comes down to coaching & player development. As expected they got some great names/talent because of how high their picks were. But as we've seen with a few other teams who seem to always have picks near the top of the draft, getting the talent is only one part of the equation. If these guys aren't put in an environment that offers proper coaching and development, there's a much higher likelihood that their players will be busts.

It feels like the Jets & Lions receive A's on their draft grades every year. But the on field results never change because coaching and player development sucks.

I expect the same from the Giants until proven otherwise, because that's been their calling card over the last decade.
I think this is especially true in a draft where the top guys aren't really to the level of top guys in other drafts. They picked the right positions, I mean an OT and DE are sort of cornerstone pieces to a team but ultimately we don't know how those picks work out. And even if they do pan out to be elite players the Giants are still stuck right now with a QB who isn't starting caliber.

The Giants don't worry me even with these two guys. They are probably the two best players on the Giants roster. Their team lacks talent that badly.

Top Bottom