2022 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

~locking thread until four weeks into free agency~
Yep he's basically telling us we aren't going to do shit and will resign Gregory, either Schultz or Gallup, probably a cheaper homegrown guy or two like Dorance Armstrong, maybe 2-3 of our cheap signings from last year like Kearse, Watkins and Hooker, and then it'll be draft time.

Done and done.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Yep he's basically telling us we aren't going to do shit and will resign Gregory, either Schultz or Gallup, probably a cheaper homegrown guy or two like Dorance Armstrong, maybe 2-3 of our cheap signings from last year like Kearse, Watkins and Hooker, and then it'll be draft time.

Done and done.
We believe this is the right way because of these results. . . . Hold on a sec, let me find the results. . . .I know I had the results folder here somewhere. . . .Guys? Why is the results folder empty?

Blank stares from everyone in the room.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Done and done.
Welcome to every offseason

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Salary cap issues and nothing to show for it.
Meanwhile the Eagles have around 15 million they can burn plus a war chest of picks.

One and dun just like our dumbasses.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Done and done.
I don't even think we keep either Schultz or Gallup.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't even think we keep either Schultz or Gallup.
Gallup might be interesting because of the injury. Schultz I'm guessing may go.

And 2 years from now whoever signs Schultz will be regretting it. Just my guess. I don't think Schultz will thrive being under the expectations of being a top weapon in an offense.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Gallup might be interesting because of the injury. Schultz I'm guessing may go.

And 2 years from now whoever signs Schultz will be regretting it. Just my guess. I don't think Schultz will thrive being under the expectations of being a top weapon in an offense.
Ye-. That said we underutilized him to close out the season. Cooper getting Covid really harpooned the offense, as he normally demands the focus of the defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ye-. That said we underutilized him to close out the season. Cooper getting Covid really harpooned the offense, as he normally demands the focus of the defense.
That and let's be precise, Lamb pretty much had only a solid 2 game stretch against the Patriots and Vikings. Then he had the concussion and then numerous issues with where he was on the football field and his hands.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
numerous issues with where he was on the football field and his hands.
very concerning, especially for a second year receiver who was expected to breakout and assert himself into the WR1 conversation.

data

Forbes #1
very concerning, especially for a second year receiver who was expected to breakout and assert himself into the WR1 conversation.
I’ve always considered Cooper our #1 as long as Cooper’s on the team. This season, Lamb and Cooper were virtually equal for number of targets-per-game

im just curious why our fans think hes going anywhere.
Well let’s just say as of now , Quinn front runner for Broncos HC spot… Jerry is waiting on Sean Payton’s situation in New Orleans … he may fire McCarthy for him … … And why would we look at fuckin Zimmer when you got a defensive guru like Vic Fangio available…

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well let’s just say as of now , Quinn front runner for Broncos HC spot… Jerry is waiting on Sean Payton’s situation in New Orleans … he may fire McCarthy for him … … And why would we look at fuckin Zimmer when you got a defensive guru like Vic Fangio available…
Cause Zimmer doesn’t suck

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jerry is waiting on Sean Payton’s situation in New Orleans … he may fire McCarthy for him

I think this is highly, highly unlikely.

Payton currently makes just under $10 million a year. McCarthy makes about $6 million a year.

Anybody think Jerry has any interest whatsoever in paying $16 million dollars a year for the head coaching position for the next couple years? I don't think there's any chance.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

Payton currently makes just under $10 million a year. McCarthy makes about $6 million a year.

Anybody think Jerry has any interest whatsoever in paying $16 million dollars a year for the head coaching position for the next couple years? I don't think there's any chance.
Billionaire Jerry knows that he can't take it with him, right?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

To be fair- Jerry has lamented the fact Payton got away and has been successful in NO. Especially when they beat the Cowboys. 🤣

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

True as that comes right out of his pocket.

Top Bottom