2022 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But you could play him at tackle and move Collins.
Yeah I was initially against it during the season but would be open to it during the offseason. Also opens the possibility to an OT in the draft.

Wonder if Collins is the type to throw a fit over it or not. Hell his pay is the same regardless but some guys pride wouldn't let them move back inside.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Wonder if Collins is the type to throw a fit over it or not. Hell his pay is the same regardless but some guys pride wouldn't let them move back inside.
That's what I wonder. I could see him not wanting to move. And he's a prime Jerry pet project to the point he might get to call his shots just as much as Zeke playing with a bad knee over a better Pollard.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what I wonder. I could see him not wanting to move. And he's a prime Jerry pet project to the point he might get to call his shots just as much as Zeke playing with a bad knee over a better Pollard.
There are guys like Parsons who would do anything you ask of him. 100% team player who would do anything for the team.

Collins does not strike me as that type. I think he is lazy and more self centered but I could be wrong.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Why do ppl cling to this notion like it's actually a thing? The reality of why Pollard never started in place of an injured Zeke is simple... Pollard CANNOT pass block for shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do ppl cling to this notion like it's actually a thing? The reality of why Pollard never started in place of an injured Zeke is simple... Pollard CANNOT pass block for shit.
You know, Zeke blows a lot of blitz pickups. I think it would be interesting to go through a game and see how many times Zeke just reads it wrong and doesn't do his job. Now Zeke does make the wooo blitz pickups. The one where he blocked two guys against the 49ers was beautiful. But I can show you other plays in the same game where he blew the blitz pickup and then ran a route and got nothing.

Pollard is capable. He just needs to go low and not try to blow people up.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the coaches can't figure out how to scheme around a RB who isn't a great blocker but is much more dangerous as a receiver than his blocking counterpart then they can fuck right off.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If the coaches can't figure out how to scheme around a RB who isn't a great blocker but is much more dangerous as a receiver than his blocking counterpart then they can fuck right off.
No kidding, most great receiving RBs aren't the best at blitz pickups. These are smaller guys. But yet we have fucking Zeke outside running slants against corners. Yeah, tell me that's about blitz pickup. This is just an excuse to put a big slow plodding back on the field who is supposedly great at blitz pickups because he is a team leader or some bullshit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No kidding, most great receiving RBs aren't the best at blitz pickups. These are smaller guys. But yet we have fucking Zeke outside running slants against corners. Yeah, tell me that's about blitz pickup. This is just an excuse to put a big slow plodding back on the field who is supposedly great at blitz pickups because he is a team leader or some bullshit.
C'mon. Zeke isn't the fastest running back, but 'big, slow, plodding'? Hyperbole much?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
He definitely looked it the second half of the season.
He shouldn’t have played after the Carolina game. If his PCL was torn, go with pollard and someone else with two legs.

I have no sympathy for him or the team(offense really) for looking like crap more often than not the last 10 weeks.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Playing him in the Philly game was to get him his bullshit 1,000 yards.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I guess he rushed for 1,002 yards. Two 100 yard games all year. Pathetic.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Both of those 100 yard games came after the “PCL tear” against Carolina.

Sounds logical.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

~locking thread until four weeks into free agency~

Top Bottom