2022 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
When I first saw the story I gave Gundy the benefit of the doubt because he made it sound like he was reading the player's note aloud and unintentionally said the word during the reading. But Venables states that Gundy said the word multiple times. So that benefit of the doubt is gone in my eyes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When I first saw the story I gave Gundy the benefit of the doubt because he made it sound like he was reading the player's note aloud and unintentionally said the word during the reading. But Venables states that Gundy said the word multiple times. So that benefit of the doubt is gone in my eyes.

A bunch of players are also supporting him.

I would also appreciate some narrative to this. I am assuming the word is what it is, but what context, I just don't get it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
UNC will surprise this year, everyone is down on them and Howell entered the draft. The defense should be better and if the young talent they have on offense matures quickly they could end the season ranked.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
UNC will surprise this year, everyone is down on them and Howell entered the draft. The defense should be better and if the young talent they have on offense matures quickly they could end the season ranked.
From what I've been hearing, NC State will be the top dog in the state of North Carolina. A lot of people have them winning the ACC over Clemson as well.

Last edited:

Smitty

DCC 4Life
From what I've been hearing, NC State will be the top dog in the state of North Caroline. A lot of people have them winning the ACC over Clemson as well.
Not saying it's impossible but the ESPN FPI index has UNC over State and obviously both far behind Clemson.

I think State is overrated.

Regardless I am just saying I think UNC does way better than people think.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not saying it's impossible but the ESPN FPI index has UNC over State and obviously both far behind Clemson.

Even with losing all time great QB? Or was that Trubisky, I can't remember.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

WTF has Texas shown to be ranked that high?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
"recruiting"

If only it was that easy.
They were in the top 5 for recruiting but A&M has the #1 class for 2022 and have us ranked behind them even tho they went 5-7 last year. AP didn't even have them in the top 25

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So like Trubisky and Howell this is the next kid you will want us to desperately draft?
We'll have to see.

I never really stumped for us drafting Trubisky and I think 2nd overall was high for him, I do think he was a first round caliber QB though and I think like many people he got ruined in Chicago.

After Howell's sophomore season he was definitely on track to be a first round pick but the team overall had a ton of inconsistency and it affected him, but if you don't realize that he should have gone way before the 5th round you are nuts. You can see from his very first preseason game that he's better than any QB not named Dak Prescott that we've acquired in the middle rounds since Romo was here. He already clearly has a feel for the game that schlubs like Cooper Rush, Ben Dinucci, Mike White, Stephen McGee, etc, never, ever had. I absolutely would give up a couple picks from our late rounds or next year to have Howell here, ie, Waletzko and a fourth next year.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We'll have to see.

I never really stumped for us drafting Trubisky and I think 2nd overall was high for him, I do think he was a first round caliber QB though and I think like many people he got ruined in Chicago.

After Howell's sophomore season he was definitely on track to be a first round pick but the team overall had a ton of inconsistency and it affected him, but if you don't realize that he should have gone way before the 5th round you are nuts. You can see from his very first preseason game that he's better than any QB not named Dak Prescott that we've acquired in the middle rounds since Romo was here. He already clearly has a feel for the game that schlubs like Cooper Rush, Ben Dinucci, Mike White, Stephen McGee, etc, never, ever had. I absolutely would give up a couple picks from our late rounds or next year to have Howell here, ie, Waletzko and a fourth next year.
To be fair I didn't watch the Redskins fourth quarter of his preseason game. But Ben Denucci posted better numbers. So I'm not overwhelmed looking at the stat sheet.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I posted highlights.

Here's every pass completion and run.

He has "it," I'm telling you.

Don't you Picard me, booze, you asshole.
Doesn't show the 2 sacks or half his passes that he didn't complete. The highlights are ok. Nothing special in my opinion but certainly not bad. That's the problem with highlights though. They don't show all the other plays. He only completed 56% of his passes and took 2 sacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom