2022 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
UT made a big mistake in my view squeezing Brown out when they did. Mack had better results even when they disn’t win the conference and they were always a contender.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Why would he do that? Gary Patterson is a pretty good head coach.
Sound like he's doing what all those coaches have done with Saban, just go there to stay involved and try to get hired a year or two later when a job comes open they like. Probably only one for Patterson.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Sound like he's doing what all those coaches have done with Saban, just go there to stay involved and try to get hired a year or two later when a job comes open they like. Probably only one for Patterson.
Yep. Sarkisian is already on thin ice there.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think UT put this approach together because they will be in a quick move status next season. They wanted to get Patterson in reserve before someone else grabbed him. He would surely be on someone’s radar before the start of next season. If Sarkasian stumbles then it’s a quick move to put Patterson in the HC spot. UT doesn’t want to have to play out another season with a HC who can’t finish the game. They don’t have to deal with contracts until they have to pull the plug and maybe not even then. They have all off season to scout potential HCs if they feel thy need to.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
That's just embarrassing.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We lost another 5 star recruit wr yesterday.
Riley will waste him. That's been his calling card the last few years. The only high-4 or 5-star caliber WR that Riley recruited who's remotely excelled is Marvin Mims and he's staying at OU. All the others have been injury-prone and underwhelming.

Lebby's offenses have actually been better than Riley's the last 2 years so I expect to see OU's offense finally start trending upward again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom