2021 Season, Week 9 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Broncos @ Cowboys | 11/7/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroClub

UFA
The big difference between us and teams like the Chiefs or Bills, or even someone like Arizona or Tampa Bay, is the ability to dominate games by running the ball. Defenses are more or less ceding the running game and/or short passes to these high-flying offenses and daring them to be patient.

We have the running game to punish that, but what our coaches and Dak need to keep in mind is that they can't fall into the trap that KC has fallen into where they're just so accustomed to hitting big plays in the passing game and scoring points quickly that they get impatient when they're forced to methodically drive the field. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened yesterday because we basically just played like shit from top to bottom, but I think the over-aggressiveness on 4th down is a symptom of that impatience.

It's all psychological because in many ways these defenses are basically giving up the short throws, I just hope Dak and the offense can keep that perspective about taking what defenses are giving.
I think you are right, when Tyron is playing. When he's not playing (and two OTs are changed/rearranged), it may be different. ... that the offense isn't so capable.

It is apparent that the Dallas D is vulnerable to power rushing attacks. Yesterday they were gashed early, and it got worse as TOP wore them down. So how to deal with that? One way is to play with a lead to take the other team out of the run. And if you are determined to play with a lead, sometimes you are overly-aggressive.

There were so many uncharacteristic / unusual things that went wrong yesterday (overthrows, drops, the botched punt block, etc.) that the Cowboys just weren't going to win this game. It was a comedy of errors, although not particularly funny.

IMO, there are two main concerns following that game. Reestablishing stability in the OL and the Dallas D's ability to stop the run. If you can fix the first one (which they probably can and will), that'll help with the second one.

Even though they were unlucky in their own game, several other games went Dallas' way yesterday (Falcons over Saints, Chargers over Eagles, Chiefs over Packers, Titans over Rams). The Rams game was a real surprise to me. What a crazy weekend.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but Ed Werder said he talked to Teddy Bridgewater and other Broncos after the game and they said the Cowboys going for it twice on 4th down came off as arrogant and it motivated them even more.

Just like @Texas Ace, myself, and a few others suggested.

data

Forbes #1
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but Ed Werder said he talked to Teddy Bridgewater and other Broncos after the game and they said they Cowboys going for it twice on 4th down came off as arrogant and it motivated them even more.

We are 4-for-11 in successfully converting first half 4th down attempts this season

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but Ed Werder said he talked to Teddy Bridgewater and other Broncos after the game and they said they Cowboys going for it twice on 4th down came off as arrogant and it motivated them even more.

Bullshit. They can say it all they want but funny how we've done it all year and it didn't make a bit of difference because we've been winning quite a lot. I'm sure other teams were offended by it too. It doesn't actually matter. What matters is that we shit the bed.

It's kind of retarded to say, hey we would have won if we didn't piss them off.

We basically lost by 30 outside of garbage time. Come on now.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Bullshit. They can say it all they want but funny how we've done it all year and it didn't make a bit of difference because we've been winning quite a lot. I'm sure other teams were offended by it too. It doesn't actually matter. What matters is that we shit the bed.

It's kind of retarded to say, hey we would have won if we didn't piss them off.
You can call it bullshit all you want but the fact of the matter is the Broncos themselves said they took it as a sign of disrespect and it made them play harder.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You can call it bullshit all you want but the fact of the matter is the Broncos themselves said they took it as a sign of disrespect and it made them play harder.

Don't shoot the messenger.

And that doesn't mean it made any difference.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We are 4-for-11 in successfully converting first half 4th down attempts this season
4-11?!

Good lord.

So shouldn't this be a hint to dial it down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom