2021 Season | Week 16 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Redskins @ Cowboys | 12/26/21

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I did enjoy Clement’s spike punt block.

I was impressed by that also. A lot of punt blocks seem like a defender just happened to get a hand in there.

Clement looked like Motumbo swatting away a layup. Great stuff.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And great drafting in back to back years providing competitive depth. The early 1990's were like this on special teams, not as many blocked kicks, but a very high standard and energy level all-around.
Watching guys like Kenny Gant on special teams made you want to stick around and watch instead of going to take a piss. He was fun to watch.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
After this weekend, Philly's picks get even lower :towel
I remember in late October when the Dolphins had 1 win, the Colts had 3 wins and the Eagles had 2 wins a guy I know who is an Eagles fan was banking on 3 top 10 picks.

Ha, not so fast. I knew the Colts were a much better team than that. The Dolphins won 10 games last year, but I didn't expect them to reel off 7 straight and who gives a shit about the Eagles.

Now it's picks 19, 20 and 23. A long way from 3 top 10 picks. I know it's burning him up inside(and all Eagles fans) how well the Dolphins and Colts are doing. Haaaaaaa

Not to mention how we are doing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I remember in late October when the Dolphins had 1 win, the Colts had 3 wins and the Eagles had 2 wins a guy I know who is an Eagles fan was banking on 3 top 10 picks.

Ha, not so fast. I knew the Colts were a much better team than that. The Dolphins won 10 games last year, but I didn't expect them to reel off 7 straight and who gives a shit about the Eagles.

Now it's picks 19, 20 and 23. A long way from 3 top 10 picks. I know it's burning him up inside(and all Eagles fans) how well the Dolphins and Colts are doing. Haaaaaaa

I didn't realize they fell that far. :rofl

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Good thing they already have a really talented rost...oh, wait.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Not only that but their best players are aging. They don't even have a young core to fall back on.
Yea the only young cornerstones they have are Smith, Goedert and I guess Sweat?

And even that's stretching a bit as none of those guys really project as elite level players, maybe Smith eventually.

They're the perfect example of a treadmill team, winning games against bad teams and maybe sneaking into the playoffs by maximizing certain strengths (building a run-heavy offense around Hurts) that aren't sustainable over time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea the only young cornerstones they have are Smith, Goedert and I guess Sweat?

And even that's stretching a bit as none of those guys really project as elite level players, maybe Smith eventually.

They're the perfect example of a treadmill team, winning games against bad teams and maybe sneaking into the playoffs by maximizing certain strengths (building a run-heavy offense around Hurts) that aren't sustainable over time.
Kelce is 34. Slay will be 31 soon. Fletcher Cox is 31.

Smith is the only really promising young star of the group you named in my opinion. Sweat and Goddert are nice players but nothing special. Just young guys that you like as starters. Not even sure I like Sweat that much.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Kelce is 34. Slay will be 31 soon. Fletcher Cox is 31.

Smith is the only really promising young star of the group you named in my opinion. Sweat and Goddert are nice players but nothing special. Just young guys that you like as starters. Not even sure I like Sweat that much.
Agreed, I was stretching to name guys, and then of course they don't have a long-term answer at QB either, so there's that.

data

Forbes #1
I know who is an Eagles fan…
For Eagles fans and all their barking about Gang Green, they’re the exception to the rule ‘defense wins championships’. From that defensive teams peak of 1988-1991, they didn’t win a single playoff game and didn’t even lose to a Super Bowl representative. In all three playoff games, the defense allowed over 20 points.

If you count 1992, well, even better as they lost an eventual Super Bowl champion…us.

Top Bottom