2021 Season | Week 16 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Redskins @ Cowboys | 12/26/21

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
For Eagles fans and all their barking about Gang Green, they’re the exception to the rule ‘defense wins championships’. From that defensive teams peak of 1988-1991, they didn’t win a single playoff game and didn’t even lose to a Super Bowl representative. In all three playoff games, the defense allowed over 20 points.

If you count 1992, well, even better as they lost an eventual Super Bowl champion…us.

Those teams were legendary around here for a long time. Once they won a Superbowl the luster of the Gang Green teams diminished quite a bit, but for a long time you'd have thought they accomplished something the way they were talked about and revered.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Put some respect on pro bowl alternate Jaylon Hurts!
He still looks better than I thought he'd look. I thought he'd mostly be a train wreck but he's been adequate.

As an aside, during the first few weeks of the season, I'd love to know what possessed Siriano and his staff to draw up game plans as if they had an efficient pocket passer at QB.

They were having Hurts pass it close to 40 times a game early in the season and only running the ball a handful of times. That's the complete opposite of what your game plan should look like with a QB like Hurts.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He still looks better than I thought he'd look. I thought he'd mostly be a train wreck but he's been adequate.

As an aside, during the first few weeks of the season, I'd love to know what possessed Siriano and his staff to draw up game plans as if they had an efficient pocket passer at QB.

They were having Hurts pass it close to 40 times a game early in the season and only running the ball a handful of times. That's the complete opposite of what your game plan should look like with a QB like Hurts.
Adequate because he's running the ball 10 times a game. He doesn't have blazing speed and is taking a good bit of punishment, so once that part of his game inevitably deteriorates over the next 2-3 years he'll be a bottom 5-10 QB in the league.

Any decent performance you get out of this guy is fool's gold, the Eagles would be best suited trying to replace him ASAP, although given how shitty this draft class is they really have no choice. The beauty of it is his running ability gives the team a high floor (6ish wins) so they won't ever really be able to address the position with a top 5 or so pick until he completely falls apart physically.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yep, they are a much more dangerous opponent than they were at the start of the season. We have to put them down early

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I was being facetious though. He sucks.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Eagles are dangerous like the Redskins are dangerous in that they run the ball a bunch, try to shorten the game and hope to turtle-ball their way to a close win, so if you come out putzing around you could easily find yourself in a tight one. They're just slightly better at it because of the added dynamic Hurts brings with his legs.

But they aren't a good team and the only chance they have against us is if we beat ourselves.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The Eagles are dangerous like the Redskins are dangerous in that they run the ball a bunch, try to shorten the game and hope to turtle-ball their way to a close win, so if you come out putzing around you could easily find yourself in a tight one. They're just slightly better at it because of the added dynamic Hurts brings with his legs.

But they aren't a good team and the only chance they have against us is if we beat ourselves.
I went to the first game vs the Eagles. We spanked that ass both offensively and defensively. I expect it may be a little different in Philly, but we should handle them.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I went to the first game vs the Eagles. We spanked that ass both offensively and defensively. I expect it may be a little different in Philly, but we should handle them.
Same, I don't think we'll be able to run it as easily as we did the first time but I don't have any concerns about beating them. I wouldn't love having to play them back to back in week 18 and the first round of the playoffs, but ultimately we're by far the better team and should be able to handle them easily.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ZeroClub

UFA
Has there been any mention of the WFT WTF who grabbed Dak's bionic ankle?
Happened with about 50 seconds left in the 1st half. A bit disconcerting, although apparently no harm was done.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Those teams were legendary around here for a long time. Once they won a Superbowl the luster of the Gang Green teams diminished quite a bit, but for a long time you'd have thought they accomplished something the way they were talked about and revered.
That's how Houston football fans are/were with the Oilers.

Those 80s/90s Oilers never even made it to a conference championship and yet to hear Houston fans tell it, those were special teams that definitely would have beaten those 90s Cowboys.

Delusional fucks.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
That's how Houston football fans are/were with the Oilers.

Those 80s/90s Oilers never even made it to a conference championship and yet to hear Houston fans tell it, those were special teams that definitely would have beaten those 90s Cowboys.

Delusional fucks.
Man, those Oiler teams should have won at least one SB. Do they beat the 90s Cowboys? Nah. I don’t think they were that good.

For my money, Warren Moon was the best pure passer I’ve ever seen, even to this day. I could watch him throw a football all day and not get tired of it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The Oilers probably should have been beaten the Bills in the playoffs in '92 though.

Whether that means they advance to the Super Bowl, or the Dolphins, dunno.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Has there been any mention of the WFT WTF who grabbed Dak's bionic ankle?
Happened with about 50 seconds left in the 1st half. A bit disconcerting, although apparently no harm was done.
I remember that and was amazed nothing was said about it at the time.

data

Forbes #1
Staubach says our 1978 team was his greatest team, although they didn’t win the Super Bowl. interesting debate of 1978/1977 team vs 92/93.

For non-SB teams, 1998 Vikings (Randy Moss rookie w/ Gary Anderson FG miss)

Last edited:

Sheik

DCC 4Life
We need Minnesota to play their best game of the year this coming weekend. I’m pretty confident Arizona isn’t beating Dallas.

I want that 1 seed.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Oilers probably should have been beaten the Bills in the playoffs in '92 though.

Whether that means they advance to the Super Bowl, or the Dolphins, dunno.
Remember, back then it was damn near impossible to make it to a SB by playing on the road for all 3 playoff games.

I think the 2005 Steelers were the first team to ever do it.

So even if they do beat Buffalo, it was highly unlikely that they make it to the SB.

Top Bottom