2021 Season | Week 15 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Giants | 12/19/21

ZeroClub

UFA
Anyone down for a 40 burger?
If they get 40, if it becomes a blowout, I'm thinking McGovern gets a carry. Just listening to press conferences and public statements, the Cowboys are concerned about McGovern's state of mind as he gets demoted.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
How many here listen to 105.3 The Fan's pregame show before Cowboys games?
like Babe and Brad calling the games, but the time lag is awful if youre watching the game on TV.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If they get 40, if it becomes a blowout, I'm thinking McGovern gets a carry. Just listening to press conferences and public statements, the Cowboys are concerned about McGovern's state of mind as he gets demoted.
Mongo no like bench!

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I dont care about his state of mind. He had everything to do with being demoted. Dont like it? Should have played better.

Rev

Staff member
penalties killed him.
McGovern wasnt penalties. That was Williams. McGovern was subpar on actually blocking. Run and pass.

• Props

p1_

DCC 4Life
McGovern wasnt penalties. That was Williams. McGovern was subpar on actually blocking. Run and pass.
right, took me a sec to recall. I deleted immediately.

Rev

Staff member
Penalties or bad play?? Really not sure which is better.

ZeroClub

UFA
like Babe and Brad calling the games, but the time lag is awful if youre watching the game on TV.
I like the pregame. I can get it using the Audacy app ... I'm way far out of radio range. I can't get the game call, though. I could pay for it with a Tunein app subscription, but I'm not that into it.

• Props

ZeroClub

UFA
I dont care about his state of mind. He had everything to do with being demoted. Dont like it? Should have played better.
I can see that point of view. I think that the Cowboys are looking to next year. Due to contracts, chances are that Conner Williams won't be on the team next year and McGovern will be, so ....

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can see that point of view. I think that the Cowboys are looking to next year. Due to contracts, chances are that Conner Williams won't be on the team next year and McGovern will be, so ....
I think a full offseason as preparing as the starting LG will do him good. It's hard when you're sort of cross training for 3 different positions. You need that in your backup but it would be helpful for him if he could focus on one spot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd love to see him get a carry or pass. At minimum it would keep future teams guessing as to what we might do.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think a full offseason as preparing as the starting LG will do him good. It's hard when you're sort of cross training for 3 different positions. You need that in your backup but it would be helpful for him if he could focus on one spot.
but he played numerous positions in college I believe. He should be accustomed to the interior game, especially this far into his NFL career.

p1_

DCC 4Life
2 sacks for Parsons today.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
but he played numerous positions in college I believe. He should be accustomed to the interior game, especially this far into his NFL career.
I'm sure he is used to it. But from what I know he is more natural on the right side. It may take some time to get him proficient at LG.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm sure he is used to it. But from what I know he is more natural on the right side. It may take some time to get him proficient at LG.
hes been struggling there for sure.

p1_

DCC 4Life
How many takeaways today?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Meh, I'm not giving up on Mongo yet. I hope that when we kill the hapless and very injured Giants, we don't credit Williams being in there too much and fail to account that he's going against a demoralized and beat up Giants front vs Jonathan Allen.

Top Bottom