2021 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Saints | 12/2/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-RO

DCC 4Life
MM with the Spanktravision.
I can't unsee the picture that created in my head. I'm going to gargle with undiluted bleach. If it doesn't help, shoot myself in the head. Twice.

Fuck you and bbgun to hell.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: p1_

T-RO

DCC 4Life
We struggled, but we won...compared to before the Saints game started, do you feel better about this team this morning after the win?
8-4 is better than 7-5. Last time I checked.

There's plenty to critique and improve, but the Negative Nancy tone with some is tiresome and misplaced.

Last edited:

T-RO

DCC 4Life
“You are what your record says you are.” – Bill Parcells

(speaking in the era before over-the-top referee interference)

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Joseph did show up on special teams though. He's getting down there fast and had a tackle on punts. I was a little worried about how physical he'd be so that's a great sign IMO. Especially if Lewis is hobbled any with the ankle.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Now watching the final 3 minutes and one play there were legitimate fouls (blow to Hill's head by Armstrong and then another blow to the head as he was sliding by Neal) and no flags.

Pretty clear somebody called the dogs off after the Thanksgiving debacle.

And you have to respect Hill's toughness, despite the fact he can't hit the broadside of a barn.

His arms were a clawed up and bruised mess.

And there's the Watkins TD and he kind of punched Hill in the head as he went into the endzone.
I thought the same thing- and don’t forget the 4th down or 3rd down play where Brown leveled the WR outside right around the 5 yard box while the pass was in the air…cannot believe that wasn’t called.
Maybe PT Barnum still has a big enough nutsack where he called up Goodell and threatened to drink a bottle of JD and show him who’s boss.

UncleMilti

Staff member
8-4 is better than 7-5. Last time I checked.

There's plenty to critique and improve, but the Negative Nancy tone with some is tiresome and misplaced.
You’re in the wrong place if you are here for all gum drops and fluffy gay feathers on every post. That was early on with Thorn.
It’s one of the things I love about the board- lots of really smart football guys here pick apart and analyze things they see when they watch the games, and if something looks like shit it’s called out. There’s also the guys that are more optimistic and strike a nice balance to the less optimistic ones- and I’d put myself in the latter category of less optimistic.
And after 25 years of shitting the bed, sorry but this team and ownership don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. I’m waiting on a playoff run before I jump to the more optimistic side.
We ARE 8-4, but let’s not pretend this team isn’t sucking monkey dick right now on offense. And if not corrected it’s going to cost them either the division title or a one and done playoff game.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What the Snaps Say?

Snap counts tell us..
Cooper only 24 snaps (34%). Very much still recovering. Rest could be good for his feet and ankles...get his cardio back.
Lawrence already close to a normal DE rotation. 37 snaps (53%)
Fehoko got in on 3 offensive plays. I sure didn't notice. I doubted he'd ever play an NFL snap, and still doubt he offers anything.
Kelvin Joseph not a single snap on defense. Didn't like the pick on draft day. Still don't.
Schultz got snobberblorted on that one play. Still played 96% of offense's snaps
Yeah I suspected that Cooper didn't play a ton of snaps. I think part of the thought process was the guy only had one practice and had been out 2 weeks. You throw him out there too much and he could injure something just because he's not really in game shape. He had the one big catch. I think next week you will get a better taste of what thinks should be like with a full compliment of receivers.

Imagine if all those stupid throws we threw to Brown went to a WR like Cooper with actual explosive ability.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What the Snaps Say?

Snap counts tell us..
Cooper only 24 snaps (34%). Very much still recovering. Rest could be good for his feet and ankles...get his cardio back.
Fehoko got in on 3 offensive plays. I sure didn't notice. I doubted he'd ever play an NFL snap, and still doubt he offers anything.
Kelvin Joseph not a single snap on defense. Didn't like the pick on draft day. Still don't.
Schultz got snobberblorted on that one play. Still played 96% of offense's snaps

I was under the impression Joseph came in on defense for a couple snaps when Lewis got banged up. No?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And after 25 years of shitting the bed, sorry but this team and ownership don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt. I’m waiting on a playoff run before I jump to the more optimistic side.
Yep. We've been in this position before (2007, 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018) and wound up shitting the bed. It's hard to not wait for the other shoe to drop.

My best hope is that we haven't been in this position while having a pedigreed coach in the past 25 years. Hopefully the coaching staff can figure all this out. The concern is that it's still not completely clear if this staff is actually that good.

We ARE 8-4, but let’s not pretend this team isn’t sucking monkey dick right now on offense. And if not corrected it’s going to cost them either the division title or a one and done playoff game.

Correct. The offense is the straw that stirs the drink. The defense has been a nice surprise but the offense is the part of the team that has the potential to be special. If it's not special or close to it, we're not going anywhere. That's just the reality of it.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
What the Snaps Say?

Snap counts tell us..
Joseph was in and recorded a tackle when Lewis went down for a play or two. Still not happy with his results but it is what it is.
I’m not sure what a snobberblorted is but Schultz has been about our most consistent player.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Yep. We've been in this position before (2007, 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018) and wound up shitting the bed. It's hard to not wait for the other shoe to drop.

My best hope is that we haven't been in this position while having a pedigreed coach in the past 25 years. Hopefully the coaching staff can figure all this out. The concern is that it's still not completely clear if this staff is actually that good.

Correct. The offense is the straw that stirs the drink. The defense has been a nice surprise but the offense is the part of the team that has the potential to be special. If it's not special or close to it, we're not going anywhere. That's just the reality of it.
This. A lot of us were ecstatic when those teams were blowing opponents away and looked like champion caliber teams only to fall apart when it mattered. If you want unrealistic homerism you may want to follow the Browns. Those poor Bastards have been through hell with no end in sight. I live in Ohio and there is no way I could root for them. I hope they do well but good Lord.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Joseph was in and recorded a tackle when Lewis went down for a play or two. Still not happy with his results but it is what it is.
I’m not sure what a snobberblorted is but Schultz has been about our most consistent player.
I think he meant when Shultz got hit pretty hard on that one catch.

UncleMilti

Staff member

It’s tough to sit down and watch a Cowboy game against the Saints, for instance. You know the Saints are terrible on O, the QB is basically a RB, they were missing OL and arguably one of the top 5 backs in the league…yet you couldn’t have driven an 8 penny nail up my asshole because I didn’t know and most likely lots of other Cowboy fans DIDNT KNOW if the Cowboys would play well enough to beat them. And for 3 quarters, they didn’t. That’s the most maddening part of this team right now.

data

Forbes #1
It’s tough to sit down and watch a Cowboy game against the Saints, for instance. You know the Saints are terrible on O, the QB is basically a RB, they were missing OL and arguably one of the top 5 backs in the league…yet you couldn’t have driven an 8 penny nail up my asshole because I didn’t know and most likely lots of other Cowboy fans DIDNT KNOW if the Cowboys would play well enough to beat them. And for 3 quarters, they didn’t. That’s the most maddening part of this team right now.
@boozeman wants you to join him and be a Positive Norma

data

Forbes #1
It goes deeper than that. If goal was only about winning a regular season game like we were Detroit Lions, then we wouldn’t be all antsy.

However, as five-time champions, we’re projecting this lackluster performance against a playoff caliber team standing in our way of the first NFCC in 25 years…and this performance won’t cut it.

Only a simpleton (no offense, simp) would be popping champagne bottles over the Saints game.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Y’all are dumb. We beat a very good Saints defense with half our offensive coaching staff sidelined and our WR1 on a pitch count without Dak at his best. It’s nothing to celebrate but it damn sure isn’t something to shit on.

data

Forbes #1
Y’all are dumb. We beat a very good Saints defense with half our offensive coaching staff sidelined and our WR1 on a pitch count without Dak at his best. It’s nothing to celebrate but it damn sure isn’t something to shit on.
A “very good” Saints defense that just gave up 33 points and 24 points to the Eagles and Bills, respectively, through three quarters before calling off their offensive dogs.

This Saints offensive performance wouldn’t mean as much if we hadn’t recently put up 6 points combined in the first three quarters against the Chiefs and Broncos.

some of us will be more accepting than others when we lose after a ~20pt output in the Wild Card round versus a very good defense 49ers or Rams

UncleMilti

Staff member
Dak hasn’t been his best going on 4 games now.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
A “very good” Saints defense that just gave up 33 points and 24 points to the Eagles and Bills, respectively, through three quarters before calling off their offensive dogs.

This Saints offensive performance wouldn’t mean as much if we hadn’t recently put up 6 points combined in the first three quarters against the Chiefs and Broncos.

some of us will be more accepting than others when we lose after a ~20pt output in the Wild Card round versus a very good defense 49ers or Rams
Maybe "very" was a bit of hyperbole, but they are a good defense and were mostly healthy. I'm saying we shouldn't be freaking out just yet. Calm down. You all are acting like we are headed for a division loss. I don't believe that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom