2021 Season | Week 11 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Chiefs | 11/21/21

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Our magic number for the division is 5.

We have 7 games left (the eagles have 6).

If we go 5-2 we clinch.

If we go 4-3, the eagles have to go 6-0 just to tie (depending on how the tie breaker falls we might still clinch).

If we go 3-4, the eagles have to go 5-1 just to tie.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Our magic number for the division is 5.

We have 7 games left (the eagles have 6).

If we go 5-2 we clinch.

If we go 4-3, the eagles have to go 6-0 just to tie (depending on how the tie breaker falls we might still clinch).

If we go 3-4, the eagles have to go 5-1 just to tie.
Yea and they'd have to beat us as one of those wins, which I don't see happening assuming we're at nearly full health by then.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The problem is the running game wasn't really working. The Chiefs seemed to be keying on it.

Now when Lamb went down, yeah run and screen the shit out of them. I'll take my chances with Zeke and Pollard over Gallup and Schultz.
I know KC was stopping the run early, but I would have not stopped trying.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
whoever said we have great depth at WR was wrong.
Its partially correct. We have great depth when the bottom half isnt required to fill the 1 and 2 spots. For a few plays a game they do perform nice enough for a 4,5,6.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
A third WR is basically a starter.

And if Wilson is "as good as it'll get" then, well, we're fucked.

It is pretty clear that Prescott will require supreme talent at WR. He is not capable of elevating mediocre players.
Prepare for a storm after that comment, but yeah.

Prescott is creeping into the overrated category. He's good, but, frankly, I'll still take Tony Romo, who was not perfect either, mind you.

Prescott has operated his entire career with a good to great OL and a top RB, and for the last few years of his ascension to "greatness," he's had elite WRs.

Romo never had any of that consistently.

• Picard
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
Exactly how I see it, although I think the OL yesterday wasn't just "not perfect", it was one of their worst performances in a good while, combined with Moore leaving them out to dry with his idiotic refusal to run.
hopefully, this talk about Moore leaving will die down now.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
Yeah, the overreaction is pretty amazing. I mean, mostly I think booze was on a DFDC rampage last night, probably atoning for his earlier homer transgressions. But you lost by 10 points to the best team of the last three or four years in this league. Unlike Denver, this was a top team, and the defense was excellent.

Most concerning to me was Dak not playing like that top 2 or 3 QB some thought he was and Moore getting schooled by Spagnuolo. Especially Dak. Things aren't always going to be perfect on the OL and you have to be able to adjust better if you're going to be a truly contending team.
The pick Dak threw just before the half was a Romo throw -- chuck it and hope. When things aren't going well Dak seems to want to take it all on his shoulders, which is kind of a Romo trait.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I told you people there is only so much adversity this team can take before it folds.

They will feel sorry for themselves, come out flat against a bad Raiders team and suddenly, we aren't nearly as great as everyone thinks we are.
This Raiders game is kinda huge.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Probably gone after this year. Amazing how that pick went from looking like a stud to being invisible so quick.
Pretty sad, had high hopes for LVE.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We were missing a ton of key pieces and we lost by 10 to a really good football team. People are acting like we got beat by the Jets. Calm down, people. This is not the end of the season.
On the road too. In a nutshell it's not so concerning and again, if you are going to lose, on the road, out of conference is the game to lose.

But on the flip side that's also two out of three weeks getting kinda manhandled. Things are not trending well for a team that we thought.... might be a contender? There are glaring reasons for not looking so hot that go beyond the key pieces being out. Yes Cooper was out, but what does that have to do with Prescott overthrowing Gallup by a mile, etc? And this is his second very poor day in three weeks as well. Is he still banged up?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We've seen some pretty bad collapses around here.

Let's leave it at, we need to win our division games, which should be doable.

But of course since when would just winning the division be enough?

It's not enough, but it would represent progress since it would be our first playoff appearance since 2018.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Right. The issue isn't that we might miss the playoffs. It's a "contender" issue.

Not, OMG we're gonna tank, but rather, how good is this team really?

We're starting to look like a 1st or 2nd round exit team. Which is disappointing considering how good we've looked for much of the season.
I will submit that we didn't really look as good as we may have thought during that 6 game winning streak. Yes we kept winning, but there were times when we were clearly grinding our gears yet overcame via.... luck or something.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It's not enough, but it would represent progress since it would be our first playoff appearance since 2018.
I don't think it would represent much progress over the last decade or so. Progress would be accomplishing second round playoff exit status in back to back years.... which they still haven't done.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yes Cooper was out, but what does that have to do with Prescott overthrowing Gallup by a mile, etc? And this is his second very poor day in three weeks as well. Is he still banged up?
he played better opening day after a really long layoff.

Top Bottom