2021 Season | Week 11 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Chiefs | 11/21/21

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, the overreaction is pretty amazing. I mean, mostly I think booze was on a DFDC rampage last night, probably atoning for his earlier homer transgressions. But you lost by 10 points to the best team of the last three or four years in this league. Unlike Denver, this was a top team, and the defense was excellent.

Most concerning to me was Dak not playing like that top 2 or 3 QB some thought he was and Moore getting schooled by Spagnuolo. Especially Dak. Things aren't always going to be perfect on the OL and you have to be able to adjust better if you're going to be a truly contending team.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We were missing a ton of key pieces and we lost by 10 to a really good football team. People are acting like we got beat by the Jets. Calm down, people. This is not the end of the season.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
A 3.5 game lead with 7 games left. Yeah the division is all locked up.
:lol

Sorry, after that shit show yesterday that looked eerily similar to the Denver game, this team doesn’t deserve the gimme division talk.

That's a huge lead. Yes the division is all locked up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's a huge lead. Yes the division is all locked up.
Yeah I'm still good with this team. Yesterday sucked. We just needed a little life from the offense and that game comes down to a final drive. But ultimately the loss means very little. Just would have been nice to get a win there.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I just hope seeing Chris Jones rip them a new one makes them go all out to get Jordan Davis...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We were missing a ton of key pieces and we lost by 10 to a really good football team. People are acting like we got beat by the Jets. Calm down, people. This is not the end of the season.
I can't speak for the others, but the loss on its own isn't the end of the world. But 2 absolute stinkers in 3 weeks?

That's really bad.

As @Chocolate Lab mentioned, seeing Dak play poorly from start to finish in both those games and Moore getting absolutely schooled are the two biggest issues for me.

No, it's not the end of the world, but it's also not some "we'll be fine" situation that we can just assume is no big deal.

This is basically the "hang from our nuts" moment that the 93 Cowboys were facing after the Leon Lett fiasco vs Miami.

We're about to find out if this team is really a contender or just a good team whose ceiling is a 2nd round exit.

Genghis Khan

I can't speak for the others, but the loss on its own isn't the end of the world. But 2 absolute stinkers in 3 weeks?

That's really bad.

As @Chocolate Lab mentioned, seeing Dak play poorly from start to finish in both those games and Moore getting absolutely schooled are the two biggest issues for me.

No, it's not the end of the world, but it's also not some "we'll be fine" situation that we can just assume is no big deal.

This is basically the "hang from our nuts" moment that the 93 Cowboys were facing after the Leon Lett fiasco vs Miami.

We're about to find out if this team is really a contender or just a good team whose ceiling is a 2nd round exit.

Right. The issue isn't that we might miss the playoffs. It's a "contender" issue.

Not, OMG we're gonna tank, but rather, how good is this team really?

We're starting to look like a 1st or 2nd round exit team. Which is disappointing considering how good we've looked for much of the season.

Genghis Khan

I'll say this.

This is where coaches truly prove themselves.

This staff can distinguish themselves and live up to their billing over the next month.

The league has figured you out a bit?

Great. Now what.

Adjust back, that's what.

Unfortunately I doubt they can do that on a short week with so many injuries.

But then there's 10 days. Make it count.

This staff could show us a lot in the next few weeks.

Big moment for McCarthy and Moore especially, and really the entire offensive staff.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Right. The issue isn't that we might miss the playoffs. It's a "contender" issue.

We're starting to look like a 1st or 2nd round exit team. Which is disappointing considering how good we've looked for much of the season.
Right.

It will suck to have been sucked in to the hype in recent weeks only for them to be the same sort of good team we've seen them be 4 or 5 times already since 2009.

There's time left for sure, but right now my gut tells me they're more like those teams than a special team like we were starting to think.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'll say this.

This staff can distinguish themselves and live up to their billing over the next month.

Great. Now what.

Big moment for McCarthy and Moore especially, and really the entire offensive staff.
Absolutely.

This is the staff's defining moment, especially for McCarthy and Moore.

As far as I'm concerned, Quinn held up his end of the bargain yesterday.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, the overreaction is pretty amazing. I mean, mostly I think booze was on a DFDC rampage last night, probably atoning for his earlier homer transgressions. But you lost by 10 points to the best team of the last three or four years in this league. Unlike Denver, this was a top team, and the defense was excellent.

Most concerning to me was Dak not playing like that top 2 or 3 QB some thought he was and Moore getting schooled by Spagnuolo. Especially Dak. Things aren't always going to be perfect on the OL and you have to be able to adjust better if you're going to be a truly contending team.
Exactly how I see it, although I think the OL yesterday wasn't just "not perfect", it was one of their worst performances in a good while, combined with Moore leaving them out to dry with his idiotic refusal to run.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'll say this.

Great. Now what.

7 days. We have 2 Thursday games in a row.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea, a 3 game lead (assuming we beat the Raiders) is a massive division lead. The Eagles are going to lose one somewhere along the way even with their weak schedule and we'll just have to go 4-3 to clinch, which would honestly be a disappointment in and of itself.

But as you've said, it's an order of magnitude question in terms of how strong of a contender are we?

Given that the Rams were horse whipped by the Niners, Ravens by the Dolphins, Bills by the Colts, Titans lost to the Texans, Packers just lost to the Vikings, Tampa lost to the Skins, I'd say we're still a very strong contender.

It's easy to get caught up in the week to week ups and downs when you're so laser focused on one team, but at the end of the day we're right there with the rest of the top teams and our "best" is as good as any other team I've seen in the league this year.

We just have to put it out there when it counts.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Exactly how I see it, although I think the OL yesterday wasn't just "not perfect", it was one of their worst performances in a good while, combined with Moore leaving them out to dry with his idiotic refusal to run.
I hate how they give up on the run, should have run it 30 times yesterday...especially when you see early that your QB is off.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Well, shit.

Eventually we'll have 10 days. :unsure
I get them not wanting him to play 2 games in 4-5 days.

He'll be on a regular 7 day schedule between the Raiders/Saints games and then will have the extra rest before the Skins.

Yesterday was always the most likely loss remaining on our schedule, especially with half of our top 10-12 players out, now just go 6-1 the rest of the way.

Genghis Khan

I hate how they give up on the run, should have run it 30 times yesterday...especially when you see early that your QB is off.

The problem is the running game wasn't really working. The Chiefs seemed to be keying on it.

Now when Lamb went down, yeah run and screen the shit out of them. I'll take my chances with Zeke and Pollard over Gallup and Schultz.

p1_

DCC 4Life
whoever said we have great depth at WR was wrong.

Top Bottom