2021 Season | Week 11 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Chiefs | 11/21/21

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This isn't knee jerk from me. I've ALWAYS said that Kellen Moore is overrated and gets exposed in most of his games vs quality DCs.

That's been my stance on him since his first year in the OC seat.
Cool. I don't agree with you.

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
They were down to their 3rd and 4th receivers. That's kinda silly to judge them when they are down that bad.
I mean, the offense was sucking with Lamb, Gallup, Wilson and Schultz so I don't think your point holds up. But, they could easily bounce back and at least this was against another AFC team.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We better have Steele in there at RT on Thursday. La'el Collins has been inconsistent as hell since he returned from his suspension.

If Collins does start, hopefully McCarthy puts a short leash on his ass. If he has two egregious negative plays, yank his ass immediately.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'm not hitting the panic button yet, we were missing Tyron and Cooper and then lost Lamb and Dak was off with some questionable KM playcalls. Going to count this as just one of those games where everything went wrong and hope to see a renewed team next game

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They were down to their 3rd and 4th receivers. That's kinda silly to judge them when they are down that bad.

That's true but given the Denver game I'm starting to wonder if something is actually going on here.

Is there a blue print after all?

Seems like KC played us the same way.

It's one thing to be down your top WR but Lamb was in the entire first half and we still had like 75 yards passing and like 3 yards per attempt.

It shouldn't be THAT bad with Lamb and Gallup.

Because that's really really bad.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
I'm not hitting the panic button yet, we were missing Tyron and Cooper and then lost Lamb and Dak was off with some questionable KM playcalls. Going to count this as just one of those games where everything went wrong and hope to see a renewed team next game

so cool, when we beat a bad team everything is good. when we lose to a good team, we can write it off or jsut make excuses.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
That's true but given the Denver game I'm starting to wonder if something is actually going on here.

It's one thing to be down your top WR but Lamb was in the entire first half and we still had like 75 yards passing and like 3 yards per attempt.

i think a lot of people overestimated how good Lamb is.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We better have Steele in there at RT on Thursday. La'el Collins has been inconsistent as hell since he returned from his suspension.

If Collins does start, hopefully McCarthy puts a short leash on his ass. If he has two egregious negative plays, yank his ass immediately.
Steele wasn't great either.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
so cool, when we beat a bad team everything is good. when we lose to a good team, we can write it off or jsut make excuses.
Not making excuses, we got our ass whipped and the whole team minus Parsons needs their nose rubbed in the shit

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

This is exactly right.

You can't just chalk the game up as a bad week that is an anomaly. Not when they looked just as bad two weeks ago.

And missing Cooper is not a valid excuse. The Cowboys have more than enough talent at WR and TE to not look THAT bad in the 1st half. Something else beside injuries/illness is definitely wrong with this team.

I don't even know how to judge that win vs Falcons anymore. Atlanta looks like they've quit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
McCarthy should have have the KC players showboating on the post game interviews on repeat in the locker room. Get mad or gtfo

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This is exactly right.

You can't just chalk the game up as a bad week that is an anomaly. Not when they looked just as bad two weeks ago.

And missing Cooper is not a valid excuse. The Cowboys have more than enough talent at WR and TE to not look THAT bad in the 1st half. Something else beside injuries/illness is definitely wrong with this tea
I don't even know how to judge that win vs Falcons anymore. Atlanta looks like they've quit.
None of those guys can command the attention or do the things that Cooper does. Mainly not drop the ball. You just cant take the #1 WR out and say its not an excuse. There is a dropoff there and probably more than we would all like to admit (yes, @bbgun ).

With that being said I think Smith being out was worse. Dak being off today needed a cleaner pocket.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We'll be fine but I agree that Steele should probably start over Collins and Moore still has a ways to go.

I'd love to keep him but I don't think it'll be a national emergency if he leaves. His inability to adjust today to lean more on the run was atrocious and any half decent play caller will put up stats with how much talent we have.

Still bullish on him but he's not McVay.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
yes and in the first year i did too with Cooper. I can admit that.
Yeah after the impact he made I don’t doubt him. This was the kind of game that was going to bite us in the rear. Our OL looked lost. Too many drops from too many of our receivers. Dak was overthrowing receivers and then started under throwing them. The defense was actually fine. 90% of the time of we hold a team like the chiefs to 19 points we should win.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
We'll be fine but I agree that Steele should probably start over Collins and Moore still has a ways to go.

I'd love to keep him but I don't think it'll be a national emergency if he leaves. His inability to adjust today to lean more on the run was atrocious and any half decent play caller will put up stats with how much talent we have.

Still bullish on him but he's not McVay.
With our talent I would rather see consistent good play calling than worry about “trick” plays.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
With that being said I think Smith being out was worse. Dak being off today needed a cleaner pocket.
Yeah I think he starts hearing footsteps and gets antzy when he knows he doesn't have solid protection. I blame Garrett for letting the Atlanta game traumatize him

Top Bottom