2021 Season | Divisional Weekend | Gameday Chatter Thread | 1/22/22-1/23/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Not sure, I was hearing in the playoffs that like only one team who lost the coin toss has won and like 6 teams who won the coin toss won. But I honestly have no clue and am going off like radio talk.

In the playoffs, OT coin flip winners are 10-1

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Maybe one of these GOAT-level QB's could pull it off once but Prescott isn't that, and it isn't fair to expect him to be that.
It is a delineation for sure, but it involves the whole offense, and Moore's inexperience really hurt us.

Bottom line if defenses do that, the offense has to back them out of it. A draw to Pollard can be huge in situations where the DL has their ears pinned back. QB draws too. It makes the defense have to read run-- bottom line.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It is a delineation for sure, but it involves the whole offense, and Moore's inexperience really hurt us.

Bottom line if defenses do that, the offense has to back them out of it. A draw to Pollard can be huge in situations where the DL has their ears pinned back. QB draws too. It makes the defense have to read run-- bottom line.
Yea I was calling for draws to Pollard basically from the 2nd quarter on in the SF game, especially on the few occasions where we went no-huddle and hit a few first downs in a row through the air, but it never really came. It would've been particularly useful on the last drive when we stalled out around midfield.

I think they actually called a draw or two to Elliott, which was...mind-numbing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea I was calling for draws to Pollard basically from the 2nd quarter on in the SF game, especially on the few occasions where we went no-huddle and hit a few first downs in a row through the air, but it never really came. It would've been particularly useful on the last drive when we stalled out around midfield.

I think they actually called a draw or two to Elliott, which was...mind-numbing.
Elliot is awful on draws.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo

Reminds me of the old Garrett plan of, "Hey, we'll do the opposite of what they expect us to do even if that means we're doing stupid things!"

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Talk about and easy pitch and catch. No idea what the hell the Bills were thinking. There are two guys you have to cover in that situation. Hill and Kelce. How you can let Kelce run basically uncovered that far is beyond me. Kelce literally didn't have to do anything.
The LB lining up in the middle of the logo is what fucked it up, no clue if that's on him or the coaches, but they left a huge gaping window over there for Mahomes to throw to his favorite target.

data

Forbes #1
The LB lining up in the middle of the logo is what fucked it up, no clue if that's on him or the coaches, but they left a huge gaping window over there for Mahomes to throw to his favorite target.
LBer gets the blamed, but is it all him? His attention is divided by the trips right. Way too much territory for a LBer to cover.

Say he covers Kelce, that leaves the inside slot WR on the other side wide open, too. LBer was in No Mans Land.

Id say the CB hugged sideline too much.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
LBer gets the blamed, but is it all him? His attention is divided by the trips right. Way too much territory for a LBer to cover.

Say he covers Kelce, that leaves the inside slot WR on the other side wide open, too. LBer was in No Mans Land.

Yeah pretty much also true. The corner had no one else to cover. He was covering grass instead of a player. To me that's poorly coached zone defense.

That or the league is fixed and this was intentional...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea but he should've been lined up closer to Kelce though, not all the way over but at least 3-5 yards closer to him to squeeze that window. If one of the WR's out of the bunch comes across the middle that's fine, they're going laterally, not upfield and the Chiefs have literally just that one play left.

If you let a WR catch the ball moving laterally across the field around the Bills 45, that's not the worst thing in the world, you just can't allow a quick hitter where the player has momentum upfield where they can gain a chunk in just a few seconds.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If you let a WR catch the ball moving laterally across the field around the Bills 45, that's not the worst thing in the world, you just can't allow a quick hitter where the player has momentum upfield where they can gain a chunk in just a few seconds.
What is crazy is that the two people you absolutely can not let get open are exactly the two who caught those key passes, so I understand the criticism.

In fairness to Buffalo, the whole KC offense showed up to play and it wasn't cut and dry that they could just play man defense and take out any single player or two.

Mahomes fired a rocket on that pass to Kelce and hit him perfectly in stride. That arm strength and accuracy is not common, but it's required to stay competitive in a game like that.

Again, the failure was on the kickoff. Basically stupid to have not squibbed it and gifted them the the 25 yard line with no time off the clock.

data

Forbes #1
Talk about and easy pitch and catch. No idea what the hell the Bills were thinking. There are two guys you have to cover in that situation. Hill and Kelce. How you can let Kelce run basically uncovered that far is beyond me. Kelce literally didn't have to do anything.
There’s no shortage of things for Bills fans to cry over on a Friday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom