2021 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
If by "bad football" he means football where he gets sacked more, then bring on bad football.

data

Forbes #1
No wonder so many college QBs fail transitioning to the NFL. It wuz teh numberzzzz!!!1!1!1!!

data

Forbes #1
Belichick’s gonna find some loophole and have multiple QBs lined up with seven eligible receivers without reporting it or some shit. :lol

data

Forbes #1
If Jaylon Smith switches to his Notre Dame #9, ooohhh boy, the Romosexuals will be in a tizzy

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Wonder if players have to buy out their unsold jerseys if they retire early, ala Megatron or Patrick Willis.
No, only if they change their name or number. Remember Chad Johnson wanting to change his name on his jersey to Ocho. He had to buy out his old jerseys to get approval to do so.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't know if I'd have made that trade with the Chiefs if I'm the Ravens. I look at it like this. Why would you hand a Pro Bowl OT to the team that's the main roadblock between you and the Super Bowl?

We all saw how mortal Mahomes looked with average at best OTs protecting him. OT was literally the biggest hole/question mark on their roster. I'd have made KC figure out their OT situation via the draft and through whatever scraps are left in FA.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't know if I'd have made that trade with the Chiefs if I'm the Ravens. I look at it like this. Why would you hand a Pro Bowl OT to the team that's the main roadblock between you and the Super Bowl?

We all saw how mortal Mahomes looked with average at best OTs protecting him. OT was literally the biggest hole/question mark on their roster. I'd have made KC figure out their OT situation via the draft and through whatever scraps are left in FA.

It's one of those weird trades where I don't really like it for either team.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah I think it's a great move for the Chiefs who needed a LT badly.
Yep. They got a proven commodity at OT and now don't have to cross their fingers that a rookie OT pans out. Brown played RT in Baltimore but I think it's safe to say KC will probably stick him at LT. He played LT at Oklahoma, so he's used to that side of the line.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep. They got a proven commodity at OT and now don't have to cross their fingers that a rookie OT pans out. Brown played RT in Baltimore but I think it's safe to say KC will probably stick him at LT. He played LT at Oklahoma, so he's used to that side of the line.
He played LT last year for the Ravens due to injury and played really well.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He played LT last year for the Ravens due to injury and played really well.
I didn't even notice.

As an aside, I wonder if there were some underlying issues between Brown and the Ravens organization. The guy had clearly lived up to his draft status and was on a trajectory to probably sign a lucrative long-term deal in 2022. He's young and very durable. This trade not only helped strengthen a conference rival's SB odds, it also knocked the Raven's OL down a peg or two. For a team that likes to run as much as the Ravens, it's kinda shocking to see them trade away a mauler like Brown.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I didn't even notice.

As an aside, I wonder if there were some underlying issues between Brown and the Ravens organization. The guy had clearly lived up to his draft status and was on a trajectory to probably sign a lucrative long-term deal in 2022. He's young and very durable. This trade not only helped strengthen a conference rival's SB odds, it also knocked the Raven's OL down a peg or two. For a team that likes to run as much as the Ravens, it's kinda shocking to see them trade away a mauler like Brown.
There was a rift supposedly over the fact that he wanted to play LT but the Ravens were planning to move him back to RT. I think he knows that LT holds more money so he wanted to play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom