2021 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What's not to like for the Chiefs?
For reference I'll post the details here.

So the Chiefs essentially drop down 27 spots, plus give up a third and 4th (the rest is filler).

They get Brown in return, yes, but they are already extremely cap strapped and will have to pay him a big contract.

The alternative would have been to draft an OT, have him on a rookie contract which helps their cap, plus keep your assets in the 3rd and 4th to potentially add more good (and cheap) players.

It's not awful but I think the alternative has a better chance to leave them in a better spot.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I just don’t like trades like this before the draft. Fine, set it up and pull the trigger on draft day if you don’t like what’s there when you’re on the clock. But what if some stud happens to fall to your original spot?

How mad would we have been if we traded out last year a week before the draft, only to see Lamb make it down to our original pick?

I understand it was the 31st pick, but you never know what happens.

data

Forbes #1
There’s more than meets the eye. The Ravens are trying to be smart here, like they see something.

Will the Ravens try to package both 1sts for Slater or will they indeed make two picks with 5yr implications as an attempt to outmaneuver a crazy overinflated FA market next offseason.

In any case, this draft has quite a many intriguing storylines.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

If the Falcons can get someone to take on his contract, they save around 13 mill against the cap.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jimmy G vs Cam would be an interesting QB battle.

Garoppolo's the better passer but you can't trust him to stay healthy. I actually think the Patriots will still attempt to move into the top 10 in order to grab a QB. IMO, they spent too much money in FA to pin their hopes on Cam or Jimmy G.

If a SF/NE trade goes down, I think the winner of the Cam vs Jimmy G QB battle gets the honor of mentoring a rookie QB. While the loser will be cut. But I guess it also depends on how much they have to give up for Garoppolo. If he cost them a 4th rounder or higher, they probably keep him by default.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

And...it begins again. Nobody has ever got any evidence that Kaepernick has reached out to anyone requesting a tryout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom