2021 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
How would that be possible?

If the ball is never snapped, the down would never be completed.
That is the way the rule would need to read in order for it to work. If the team fails to snap the ball before the play clock expires it would be a penalty with no yards assigned. Instead, the penalty would result in loss of down and turnover of possession. It would be a presnap penalty. To significantly change the game it would have to change the way it works completely.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
That's a ridiculously draconian response for a play that is annoying, for some, at most.
Just replying as to how it could work not necessarily what I would do. Nothing the nfl does makes sense anyway.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Bengals haven't scored 30 in a single playoff game and are mostly winning thanks to their defense. Burrow has been solid to good but he's getting way too much credit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The Bengals haven't scored 30 in a single playoff game and are mostly winning thanks to their defense. Burrow has been solid to good but he's getting way too much credit.
I actually think Chase isn't getting enough credit. I'm not sure there's anyone better than him already.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom