2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Not even a week after the season ended, stupid clickbait is here.

Last edited:

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
"The season is over and there's nothing to talk about, so let's propose crazy shit for clicks."

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Seriously, the thought of him coming back never crossed my mind. Only Stephen could be this stupid/lazy.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm not convinced this report is reliable. Hopefully not.
Well considering it is coming from Mike Fisher, I wouldn't put much weight into it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Well considering it is coming from Mike Fisher, I wouldn't put much weight into it.
True Fisher, but his article appears to be based around a conclusion from PFF that to be fair Fisher doesn't seem to be on board with.

"PFF's big conclusion: Dallas is going to give Woods a "$25 million extension, averaging $6.25 million annually,'' when the market opens next month."

"No, but Woods has never been that, either. And the idea of paying a safety $6 million a year - any safety - is quite out of character for the Cowboys.

If the Cowboys don't find better answers in free agency (where there figure to be a host of guys at half the PFF cost) or via the NFL Draft (TCU's Trevon Moehrig as a second-rounder?) they can bounce back to Woods and discuss what we might guess would be a one-year contract with minimum guarantees.

The Dallas Cowboys in 2020 offered up one of the poorest defenses in the NFL and one of the poorest defenses in franchise history. Overpaying returnees is, as near as we can tell, not at all the plan."

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've said this before but I think much of the time PFF is full of shit.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
True Fisher, but his article appears to be based around a conclusion from PFF that to be fair Fisher doesn't seem to be on board with.

"PFF's big conclusion: Dallas is going to give Woods a "$25 million extension, averaging $6.25 million annually,'' when the market opens next month."

"No, but Woods has never been that, either. And the idea of paying a safety $6 million a year - any safety - is quite out of character for the Cowboys.

If the Cowboys don't find better answers in free agency (where there figure to be a host of guys at half the PFF cost) or via the NFL Draft (TCU's Trevon Moehrig as a second-rounder?) they can bounce back to Woods and discuss what we might guess would be a one-year contract with minimum guarantees.

The Dallas Cowboys in 2020 offered up one of the poorest defenses in the NFL and one of the poorest defenses in franchise history. Overpaying returnees is, as near as we can tell, not at all the plan."
Yeah, to be fair, if I see Fisher's name attached to something I rarely read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom