2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Having him behind Allen and tied in overall points with Tannehill deeply offends me.

I didn't mean to put that in bold, but eh I'll shout it why not.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think that's about right. Better watch out for the young guys like Herbert and maybe even Murray, though. Both will probably be better than Tannehill this year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's stupid that the NFL won't let people embed videos, so you will have to click on it to see it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He's a better runner for sure. Scrambling is a little different and I'm not convinced Jackson is better at that.
Part of my point is that Dak is probably diminished as a scrambler . Hence the tiptoe.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well, Parcells never stayed anywhere very long either, so let's be fair here.
I’m picturing these guys in their primes, and Parcells was Giant HC for 8 seasons after 2 as DC/LB coach.

I’ll take that vs the 5 I’m getting from Jimmy.

The 20+ consecutive winning seasons from Landry compares well to Parcells, but I know Parcells could coach the modern game Landry got really soft though in the 80’s, and I can’t ever picture BP or JJ getting that way.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’m picturing these guys in their primes, and Parcells was Giant HC for 8 seasons after 2 as DC/LB coach.

I’ll take that vs the 5 I’m getting from Jimmy.

The 20+ consecutive winning seasons from Landry compares well to Parcells, but I know Parcells could coach the modern game Landry got really soft though in the 80’s, and I can’t ever picture BP or JJ getting that way.
and yet, the 5 you got from Jimmy yielded a better team and record then either Parcells or Landry.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No probably about it, you know they would have.

Micah is the impact LB we've been needing since Rolando teased a few years ago.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Shows how fucking dumb they are that they have CB prioritized so much higher.

With that said, I trust this team's ability to evaluate LB's, and before you start the Jaylon shit talking, he was an obviously elite prospect, the problem is Jerry's wildcatting/risk-taking nonsense and being willing to gamble basically a 1st on a guy who would never be the same physically again.

At any rate, over the last 10 years they've really seem to done well with LB's, even ones they missed on. They were supposedly going Bobby Wagner in 2012 had they not moved up for Claiborne, in 2014 they wanted Shazier over Martin, that same year they hit on Hitchens in the 4th, LVE has been a hit when he's healthy, and of course Lee was a hit as well, could just never stay on the field.

Parsons doesn't have any injury concerns as far as I know so I'm pretty confident he'll be at least a very good player, if not elite.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Never mind y’all’s ignorance, Gregory getting props for leadership is the point. You go boy, puff puff pass.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I meant to post it earlier, but McCarthy was interviewed on the Ticket yesterday and he had a couple of admissions. One, he does not like Hard Knocks, but said they'll just deal with it. Two, he really misses calling plays. Says he misses the competitive aspect of going against the opposing DC.

Haven't heard Mike talk about it that strongly before. I haven't been big on the "Jerry forced Kellen to call plays" but now I guess I have to admit he did.

I at least give him credit for speaking his mind and not being completely spineless like the last bitchass fraud we had.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I meant to post it earlier, but McCarthy was interviewed on the Ticket yesterday and he had a couple of admissions. One, he does not like Hard Knocks, but said they'll just deal with it. Two, he really misses calling plays. Says he misses the competitive aspect of going against the opposing DC.

Haven't heard Mike talk about it that strongly before. I haven't been big on the "Jerry forced Kellen to call plays" but now I guess I have to admit he did.

I at least give him credit for speaking his mind and not being completely spineless like the last bitchass fraud we had.
You must have missed the opening presser where MM indicated he nearly ran off the road when he heard about Hard Knocks, not a happy training camper .

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You must have missed the opening presser where MM indicated he nearly ran off the road when he heard about Hard Knocks, not a happy training camper .
I did catch that, but that was more making a funny. Here he calmly admitted he wasn't a fan and talked more about it.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom