2021 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Fun fact: The DC of that 93 Giants team was none other than Cowboys coaching legend Mike Nolan.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This one is a hard one. Obviously, it's one of two, Jimmy or Landry, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to make this decision.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This one is a hard one. Obviously, it's one of two, Jimmy or Landry, but I'm not sure I'm prepared to make this decision.
In the end I choose Landry. I know Jimmy's teams were amazing but Landry did it longer and didnt have the benefit of a trade landfall.

Genghis Khan

In the end I choose Landry. I know Jimmy's teams were amazing but Landry did it longer and didnt have the benefit of a trade landfall.

I think that's the best way to look at it.

It's a toss up but the one thing that Landry has that Jimmy doesn't is the sustained excellence. 20 years without a losing season is amazing. Johnson couldn't even stomach more than 5 seasons, let alone 20 (or 29 for that matter).

Genghis Khan

LoL at Wade.

Really only one choice out of two.

Hilarious seeing Wade among that pantheon.

The 4th really should be Switzer.

The truth is that the bar is so high, we don't have a worthy 4th but at least with Switzer you can say the criteria is having won a super bowl in his career.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hilarious seeing Wade among that pantheon.

The 4th really should be Switzer.

The truth is that the bar is so high, we don't have a worthy 4th but at least with Switzer you can say the criteria is having won a super bowl in his career.
I find it funny that he was here for just a few years and he was there over Garrett. Kind of adds a bit more Haha to that blunder.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
How we doin, guys?

Genghis Khan

To be fair to Jimmy, Landry didn't have to stomach Jerry fucking Jones.

Yes that's true, but what I'm saying is, Johnson didn't last more than 5 years anywhere. Not University of Miami, not Ok State, not the Dolphins, not anywhere as an assistant, and of course not here.

I don't think he could've ever had it in him to have the sustained success Landry had (no matter the owner) because he was never going to stay anywhere long enough, which to me gives Landry the advantage between the two.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yes that's true, but what I'm saying is, Johnson didn't last more than 5 years anywhere. Not University of Miami, not Ok State, not the Dolphins, not anywhere as an assistant, and of course not here.

I don't think he could've ever had it in him to have the sustained success Landry had (no matter the owner) because he was never going to stay anywhere long enough, which to me gives Landry the advantage between the two.
Very few coaches have it in them to stomach working for Jerry for more than 5 years. The Village Idiot and Mr. Roboto were two of them.

Genghis Khan

Very few coaches have it in them to stomach working for Jerry for more than 5 years. The Village Idiot and Mr. Roboto were two of them.

The point has nothing to do with Jerry though. Jimmy never did it in his 35 year coaching career, and he was only under Jerry for 5 of it.

Jimmy just wasn't wired to coach anywhere long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom