Awuzie - starter
Jourdan Lewis - backup
Jaylon Smith - squirrel
Maliek Collins - JAG starter
Tapper (101) - bust

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I hate seeing the name Taco, but I love tacos.

T.J. Watt shoulda been a Cowboy. /tobiekeef

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I believe the word the person was looking for was negligence.

Listening to coaches instead of remaining true to the board is where the biggest mistakes are made.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So much truth there. Except maybe Byron Jones. We were fine to let him go. Would have been better to trade him the way CBs are going in this league but still.
We couldn't have traded Byron Jones, he was a FA. Either we sign him or he goes after the payday.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
We couldn't have traded Byron Jones, he was a FA. Either we sign him or he goes after the payday.
Trade him before he reaches FA would have been the train of thought. We had 2-3 years we could have done so.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Lol....I love the enthusiasm this board shows for the draft, the future of the Cowboys and “what if’s” of FA but as long as Skeletor roams the draft room and has input it’s gonna be the same old same old.

It’s a shame.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lol....I love the enthusiasm this board shows for the draft, the future of the Cowboys and “what if’s” of FA but as long as Skeletor roams the draft room and has input it’s gonna be the same old same old.

It’s a shame.
Don't ruin this for us. The offseason is the most exciting time of the year for most of us at this point.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Trade him before he reaches FA would have been the train of thought. We had 2-3 years we could have done so.
Jones was unfortunately a late bloomer. His best year was his last year in Dallas.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Jones was unfortunately a late bloomer. His best year was his last year in Dallas.
Not to mention the fact that Jerry perpetually thinks we are this close every year, so fat chance of a trade happening in any realistic fashion.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not to mention the fact that Jerry perpetually thinks we are this close every year, so fat chance of a trade happening in any realistic fashion.
Jones has real issues pulling off trades. 99/100 times save Herschel, he comes out as the loser.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We never trade players for picks anyway. Other than Griffen I can't remember the last time we actually traded a player away for picks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Didn't help him that they misused him for, what, two or three years at safety.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
Jones has real issues pulling off trades. 99/100 times save Herschel, he comes out as the loser.
That is unquestionable. And like CRock mentioned, we trade picks for players, rarely the other way around.

Then again, when you combine an undying need to look intelligent with the propensity to overly reward players who show just a glimmer of hope, the odds of us ever jettisoning someone worth a shit is pretty much nil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom