2021 Cowboys Free Agency Thread...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
He will make some team's LB group better, but not sure why you posted this in Cowboys Free Agency thread.

This thread is only for budget bin signers.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He will make some team's LB group better, but not sure why you posted this in Cowboys Free Agency thread.

This thread is only for budget bin signers.
I shall take a lapeth.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I shall take a lapeth.
Even as late in to free agency as we are, I hate that I get hyped up about who they could sign when I know that damn well they won't.

But damn it, Reed and Wright would have made me feel better about going into the draft.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Signing Kazee barely impacted our cap, which we still have about 10 million in space. They could cut Darian Thompson and Maurice Canady right now, save 2 million, putting them at 12 million total, and easily sign KJ Wright to like a 2 year/12 million deal with a first year cap hit of 4 or 5.

This of course doesn't even get in to the fact that they could clear out upwards of 15-20 million in space if they really wanted to, or any lesser amount to accommodate a Wright signing.

Eric Wilson is another LB who'd be an awesome signing, shame it'll never happen.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Signing Kazee barely impacted our cap, which we still have about 10 million in space. They could cut Darian Thompson and Maurice Canady right now, save 2 million, putting them at 12 million total, and easily sign KJ Wright to like a 2 year/12 million deal with a first year cap hit of 4 or 5.

This of course doesn't even get in to the fact that they could clear out upwards of 15-20 million in space if they really wanted to, or any lesser amount to accommodate a Wright signing.

Eric Wilson is another LB who'd be an awesome signing, shame it'll never happen.
Canady is a solid CB who's probably better than either Lewis or Awuzie, I'd hate to lose him at such an inexpensive cost.

Sign Wright to a three year deal and spread the cap hit.

Cotton

Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
According to Fisher and Broaddus the sticking point with Wright is 1 year vs. 2 years, which is clearly the height of stupidity.

I mean, I get wanting to be flexible and not over-committing to free agents, but at this point it's almost pathological. Like yea, Damontae Kazee coming off an Achilles probably shouldn't get 2 years, but KJ Wright is an established veteran coming off an excellent year who still has a few years left in the tank, why would you not want to lock him up for 2 years?

This nonsense of signing 10 guys to 1 year deals is completely idiotic, all you're doing is setting yourself up to do the exact same thing next year, less maybe 2-3 spots where we hit in the draft. Have some god damned convictions in your evaluations and maybe try to plug up a hole for more than 12 fucking months.

Cotton

Staff member
According to Fisher and Broaddus the sticking point with Wright is 1 year vs. 2 years, which is clearly the height of stupidity.

I mean, I get wanting to be flexible and not over-committing to free agents, but at this point it's almost pathological. Like yea, Damontae Kazee coming off an Achilles probably shouldn't get 2 years, but KJ Wright is an established veteran coming off an excellent year who still has a few years left in the tank, why would you not want to lock him up for 2 years?

This nonsense of signing 10 guys to 1 year deals is completely idiotic, all you're doing is setting yourself up to do the exact same thing next year, less maybe 2-3 spots where we hit in the draft. Have some god damned convictions in your evaluations and maybe try to plug up a hole for more than 12 fucking months.
If true, that is absolutely retarded, which means it's probably true.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

No kidding 2 years sounds perfect to me. Enjoy not worrying about LBer for a couple years.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
You would think the player would only want a one year deal with the current climate. Ignorant for the team not to want 2 years

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Wright is talented enough to contribute enough in one year to make two years of pay worth it.

Again, this is about Stephen Jones being a cheap ass fuck.

There is no reason for this shit.

We have literally gifted money to pieces of shit for years on end, and he wants to piss around right now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wright is talented enough to contribute enough in one year to make two years of pay worth it.

Again, this is about Stephen Jones being a cheap ass fuck.

There is no reason for this shit.

We have literally gifted money to pieces of shit for years on end, and he wants to piss around right now.
Yeppp.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
This team cannot win with Stephen Jones at the helm. He doesn’t really want to win. He wants everything for free.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This team cannot win with Stephen Jones at the helm. He doesn’t really want to win. He wants everything for free.
He’s worse than Jerry. I thought it couldn’t get worse, but I was wrong[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom