2021 Cowboys Free Agency Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You're improving your defense with this signing. Maybe by a lot. Because of that simple fact, I literally don't care where he fits in.

You don't not sign a clear upgrade because of a couple of inferior players on one year contracts, a highly injury prone overrated player, and a highly overpaid bumbling mess of a swiping underachiever.

Is this guy serious?

I agree it's massively unlikely they'll sign him.

But the question, "Where does he fit in?" is extremely dumb.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You're improving your defense with this signing. Maybe by a lot. Because of that simple fact, I literally don't care where he fits in.

You don't not sign a clear upgrade because of a couple of inferior players on one year contracts, a highly injury prone overrated player, and a highly overpaid bumbling mess of a swiping underachiever.

Is this guy serious?

I agree it's massively unlikely they'll sign him.

But the question, "Where does he fit in?" is extremely dumb.
I wouldn't ask the question though. The guy has a point. Since when do we add the talent and tell the coaches to figure it out? Made guys with contracts continue to hang around. Seems like we have these plans for the players we have and when it doesn't go perfectly, we fall apart.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't ask the question though. The guy has a point. Since when do we add the talent and tell the coaches to figure it out? Made guys with contracts continue to hang around. Seems like we have these plans for the players we have and when it doesn't go perfectly, we fall apart.
Yea, some fans have adopted this dumbass mindset that the organization operates around for whatever reason, maybe they think it makes them sound smart because that's how the team operates, or maybe they have Stockholm syndrome, but either way it's idiotic.

Sign good players and fuck the underachievers if they aren't as good.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

But that isn't what the guy was saying.

He wasn't asking whether we would, he was asking whether we should given we have LVE, Jaylon, and Neal.

If we're talking about what we should do, it's a no-brainer.

He's basically saying, how can we sign this better player when we have all these lesser players lying around? It's a dumb question.

All that aside, we're talking about basically 4 spots for 5 guys (3 linebacker spots for LVE, Jaylon, KJ, and Neal, plus SS for Neal and Wilson). There are plenty of snaps to go around especially when you factor in LVE's inevitable injuries.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Someone should tell the Chiefs that this isn't how you build a Super Bowl winner. You have to drag your feet in situations like this and really hope to grind down their asking price over weeks, if not months.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Someone should tell the Chiefs that this isn't how you build a Super Bowl winner. You have to drag your feet in situations like this and really hope to grind down their asking price over weeks, if not months.
Remember how the Chiefs had no cap room. Me too. I guess they understand the concept of striking while the iron is hot.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Remember how the Chiefs had no cap room. Me too. I guess they understand the concept of striking while the iron is hot.
They will pay for this down the road. They will be very very sorry when our strategy wins out in the end.

Top Bottom