2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
First one minus horn. Last one minus the OT in the third. It's not awful but...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd rather trade down to 17 for 80 than take Horn at 10.

There's a small but greater than 0 chance we could still get him at 17, and even if he's gone you have guys like Zaven Collins, Jaelan Phillips, Rousseau (who might be a reach just because you could get him later seemingly) and Moehrig.
Same. I don't love the value but you are still getting an additional top 80 player, plus a guy like Moehrig.

This shouldn't be CB come hell or high water. That's how reaches/busts happen.

And, there are plenty of good CBs that will be available in the 2nd or 3rd.

Hell, if we insist on staying put if Surtain is gone, I think Parsons would make more sense than Horn.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I don't think they can afford to trade down if Surtain goes off the board before 10. Even a mild trade down to 15 might put Horn and Parsons out of reach. Not coming away with at least one of those three players would go over like a stale fart.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't think they can afford to trade down if Surtain goes off the board before 10. Even a mild trade down to 15 might put Horn and Parsons out of reach. Not coming away with at least one of those three players would go over like a stale fart.
So what?

We can take Jaelan Phillips, Zaven Collins, Moehrig or Rousseau and be just fine.

CB isn't as much of a need as people like to pretend it is. Sure, Surtain very well may be the best defensive player in the draft, so I'm fine taking him at 10, but DT is inarguably a bigger need, I could easily argue FS is as well, and same for generally reinforcing the OL.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We can take Jaelan Phillips, Zaven Collins, Moehrig or Rousseau and be just fine.
Meh. Those are guys I would consider with our second pick if we traded up into the latter half of the first round. And who starts opposite Diggs if we don't take a corner?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Meh. Those are guys I would consider with our second pick if we traded up into the latter half of the first round. And who starts opposite Diggs if we don't take a corner?
We have plenty of picks to find a CB.

Who starts at DT? Who starts at FS?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Just working with one of the more realistic draft sites and trading with TN at 22. They get. 10 we get 22,53, and 100. According to the draft chart they come out 50 points ahead.
22 - Newsome/Samuel Jr/ Moehrig
44 - Grant/Perkins/Bolton/Onwuzurike
53 - Cox/Holland/Tryon/Campbell
75 - Milton WIlliams/Stokes/ Kelvin Joseph/
99/100 - Christenson/Green/Tremble/Deablo/Gowan

I'd prefer Newsome, Jabril Cox and Green/Christenson to just Horn or Parsons.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Anthony Brown with Jourdan Lewis in the slot, plus whatever we do with our 2nd and 3 3rd's, which could easily net someone like Eric Stokes, Tyson Campbell or Melifonwu.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Brown has regressed every year since his rookie season and can't stay healthy. No one sees him as a viable starter. If they like his medicals, trading back and grabbing a guy like Farley would take the sting out of losing Surtain and Horn.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So what?

CB isn't as much of a need as people like to pretend it is. Sure, Surtain very well may be the best defensive player in the draft, so I'm fine taking him at 10, but DT is inarguably a bigger need, I could easily argue FS is as well, and same for generally reinforcing the OL.
Fix the line and LBers and you will go a long damn way towards fixing the secondary, even with the players we have right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what?

Barmore...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Fix the line and LBers and you will go a long damn way towards fixing the secondary, even with the players we have right now.
This feels like 2006 and 2017.

We knew they were going to draft Bobbeh and Taco, and we tried talking ourselves into thinking they'd be great fits.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
So what?

As far as 1st round resources, I'd much rather spend it on DT, LB, FS, or OT before CB.

But I get it, Surtain is the "perfect fit" for our defense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That would work late round one. He’s got some issues, but he’s better pedigree than anyone we have now.
I think his issues are overrated. People forget quickly just how good he was towards the end of the season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Please. Parsons is a stale fart all on his own.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Stephen Jones is one of the more clueless decision makers in this league. I wouldn't listen to a damn thing he has to say.

He has a touch of the carnival barker in him. Not as full blown like his father, but he knows how to stir the rabble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom