2021 Cowboys Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It was like a bad dream. Took two or three years for the roster to recover from that disaster.
In practically any other draft you can at least talk yourself into believing the draft picks are solid and can contribute. You couldn't do that in 2009. Unless you were an extreme homer, I think pretty much everyone knew the Cowboys' draft picks were garbage.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In practically any other draft you can at least talk yourself into believing the draft picks are solid and can contribute. You couldn't do that in 2009. Unless you were an extreme homer, I think pretty much everyone knew the Cowboys' draft picks were garbage.
They literally were drafting for guys that they thought would be good depth or special teams. Turns out those guys weren't even that. Which should have been obvious. If you're drafting a guy whose ceiling is NFL backup/special teamer than most of those guys won't even end up that good.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
I don’t think Jerry’s ideal scenario is selecting at #10. I think his fawning over Pitts is his lame attempt to drum up trade interest.

He’ll be happy trading down 10-15 spots and hope to draft the third best corner.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
There's about a 1.5% chance Pitts is there at 10 anyway so the argument is basically null and void.
Exactly. If he falls to 10, then, let the debate begin. But I'm not trading up for him. Now, if Atlanta was stupid enough to trade the #4 pick straight up for Michael Gallup? Sure, but no team is that stupid.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Exactly. If he falls to 10, then, let the debate begin. But I'm not trading up for him. Now, if Atlanta was stupid enough to trade the #4 pick straight up for Michael Gallup? Sure, but no team is that stupid.
:jerry

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's still stupid. You're giving away a 1000 yard receiver for another 1000 yard receiver and booting in a first round pick.

data

Forbes #1
That's still stupid. You're giving away a 1000 yard receiver for another 1000 yard receiver and booting in a first round pick.
Benefit is Pitts would be rookie contract for 5 years.

Gallup may be gone after one season.

‘Losing’ a drafted player with this trade would be offset by ‘losing’ a free agent signing if we resigned Gallup to, what will be, an expensive extension.

That’s the theory behind a trade for #4, anyway

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

‘Losing’ a drafted player with this trade would be offset by ‘losing’ a free agent signing if we resigned Gallup to, what will be, an expensive extension.

You're also throwing away a proven talent to acquire a talent not yet proven at the next level. No thanks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well don't let Gallup walk then. He is a valuable asset you shouldn't give them away for free. Especially if you're not using the cap savings in free agency.

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
So the draft will be on-site in Cleveland...masks will be required.

I can see an all-out barroom brawl breaking out in the fanzone.

Cotton

Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
So the draft will be on-site in Cleveland...masks will be required.

I can see an all-out barroom brawl breaking out in the fanzone.
same, but Im thinking it wont be about masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom