2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Anyone watching the Sooners making Duck Soup besides me?
I am. The 1st half of the post-Lincoln Riley era has been glorious.

I'm sure Bob Stoops riled this current group of players up by selling them on this being a revenge game for that 2006 screw job up in Eugene, OR.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The SEC is now 1-6 in bowl games.

y’all just wait til the draft though. 😂

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Anyone watching the Sooners making Duck Soup besides me?
I’m glad it happened. The Sooners got jobbed some time ago against Oregon, so it was nice to see them give the Ducks a good old fashioned curb stomping.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Michigan is totally outmatched

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Looks like another boring CFP. Neither semi any good and the final may not be either.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Expand the playoffs so we can get an upset every few years

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Looks like another boring CFP. Neither semi any good and the final may not be either.
I didn't even bother watching the 2nd half of the Orange Bowl. I probably won't watch much of the National Title game either.

I give Cincinnati props though. They were a lot more competitive thru 3 qtrs than ND and the 2018 & 2019 Oklahoma Sooners.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Expand the playoffs so we can get an upset every few years
I'm convinced the only thing expanding the playoffs will accomplish is adding extra games. I think we're still going to have 2 or 3 teams that are clearly head and shoulders above everyone else else and those 2 or 3 teams will steamroll whoever's placed in front of them......as usual.

Sure we'll probably finally get some good games between teams outside the top 2. But in the end it'll be the same 2 or 3 teams standing in the final 4.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm convinced the only thing expanding the playoffs will accomplish is adding extra games. I think we're still going to have 2 or 3 teams that are clearly head and shoulders above everyone else else and those 2 or 3 teams will steamroll whoever's placed in front of them......as usual.

Sure we'll probably finally get some good games between teams outside the top 2. But in the end it'll be the same 2 or 3 teams standing in the final 4.
You might actually see an upset if a team is forced to win 4 games as opposed to 2.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Not even outmatched. Michigan was never mentally in the game. It was obvious from the beginning.
I don't buy that. This was the biggest game their program has played in since the 1997 Rose Bowl. This wasn't some WGAS look ahead game.

Michigan just lacked the dynamic playmakers to attack that Georgia defense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Georgia is going to beat Alabama BTW.

As an aside, Linderbaum is massively overrated. He's a solid 1st rounder but this nonsense of talking about him as a top 10 or even top 5 pick is insane.

He's an awesome fit in Zone heavy schemes that can get him on the move and in space, but he struggles mightily with power in pass protection. He just got reverse-pancaked by some random Kentucky DT and may have broken his foot on the play.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Wan'Dale Robinson would be a real nice 2nd/3rd for us of Gallup leaves.

There's just so much depth at WR most years that I don't see the value in taking a guy in the first with guys like Cooper/Lamb.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Already got a ND loss can we get a Ohio St one too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom