2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This guy Corral isn't an NFL QB, he's a poor man's Zach Wilson who tries to run over defenders at 200 lbs.

He's going to get murdered in the league.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
This guy Corral isn't an NFL QB, he's a poor man's Zach Wilson who tries to run over defenders at 200 lbs.

I've been seeing quite a few twitter posts from Philly sports reporters wanting to use one of their firsts on him. I really hope they waste one on him

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I've been seeing quite a few twitter posts from Philly sports reporters wanting to use one of their firsts on him. I really hope they waste one on him
He may have just had a serious injury but I sure hope someone in our division takes him.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

Ridder sucks too, imo. I just don't see an NFL qb.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

I've been underimpressed with him all year. I think he's a system guy. Lebby basically runs that old Briles system that makes guys look good with fast tempos and simple reads. When all you hear about is a guy's leadership and guts etc that's almost a red flag. Like you said, he's not very big either.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I'm convinced the only thing expanding the playoffs will accomplish is adding extra games. I think we're still going to have 2 or 3 teams that are clearly head and shoulders above everyone else else and those 2 or 3 teams will steamroll whoever's placed in front of them......as usual.

Sure we'll probably finally get some good games between teams outside the top 2. But in the end it'll be the same 2 or 3 teams standing in the final 4.
I’m hoping for the opposite. It is interesting that in college if a team had a bad day and it basically ruins their season. In the NFL the best teams after 12 games are 10-2, 11-1, 9-3. A college team is garbage at 9-3.
If they want to make the playoffs mean something then redesign the entire system.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Caleb Williams is entering the transfer portal to explore his options. He says staying at Oklahoma is definitely an option.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Caleb Williams is entering the transfer portal to explore his options. He says staying at Oklahoma is definitely an option.

What do you think about the transfer from UCF? Some were speaking highly of him but his completion percentage in college is 59.7.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What do you think about the transfer from UCF? Some were speaking highly of him but his completion percentage in college is 59.7.
I love the pickup. Gabriel is a good QB. I watched him a few times at UCF.

If Caleb Williams transfers I still think OU will be the favorites to win the Big 12 next year. I'm glad they're not sitting on their hands waiting on Williams' decision. I'd love to have him back but we'll be a 10+ win team with or without him.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I love the pickup. Gabriel is a good QB. I watched him a few times at UCF.

If Caleb Williams transfers I still think OU will be the favorites to win the Big 12 next year. I'm glad they're not sitting on their hands waiting on Williams' decision. I'd love to have him back but we'll be a 10+ win team with or without him.

Really didn't think CW was all that great. As a runner, sure but as a passer I felt he left a lot to be desired. I'm not gonna be upset if we lose him. We have the guy from Florida too.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Really didn't think CW was all that great. As a runner, sure but as a passer I felt he left a lot to be desired. I'm not gonna be upset if we lose him. We have the guy from Florida too.
Nick Evers, the kid from FLA, has said that he prefers to sit and learn at least one year. So I doubt he'll play this year unless we're hit by a rash of injuries.

Williams wasn't overly impressive as a passer to me either. I thought he relied too much on 50/50 bombs and didn't work intermediate routes nearly enough. He was a true freshman so I understand having those limitations as a passer at that stage of your career.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was mingling with some of the Bison fans this morning. I went to the Hilton Garden Inn here in Allen for breakfast and the hotel was full of Bison followers. The cheerleaders were even practicing in the lobby.
Yeah, Bison fans have been pretty familiar with Frisco over the last 10-12 years.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dalvin Cook's younger brother in like the 5th would be perfect. He isn't going to be a bell cow but Elliott will be back next year and it'd be great if we could let him be a short yardage back flanked by two explosive guys in Pollard and Cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom