2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I could understand the refs on the field missing the call but there's no excuse for what the replay officials did.
Are you forgetting how they called the game leading up to that unforgivable fuck up? They were terrible all game long. That “replay” did nothing but put a giant shit flavored stamp on an already brutally officiated game.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Are you forgetting how they called the game leading up to that unforgivable fuck up? They were terrible all game long. That “replay” did nothing but put a giant shit flavored stamp on an already brutally officiated game.
It's been 15 years so I've forgotten all the other details of that game.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Venables is officially the coach at OU. Flight is en route to OKC now with a press conference scheduled for tomorrow.

We're in wait and see mode to see which direction he chooses to go at OC. Other than OC, I think most of the current staff should be safe and retain their jobs.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Michigan was my 2nd favorite CFB team back in the 90s. I had to have a backup team back then since OU was mediocre the entire decade.
Mine too..... still quite fond of them today.

ZeroClub

UFA
I've been to a few Liberty Bowls over the years and had a good time. Memphis can be entertaining for brief visits. Elvis's house is an oddball curiosity, Memphis BBQ, small local Mom and Pop international restaurants, Cooper Young area is nice, decent small zoo, etc. Beale St. is overrated IMO.

Not sure it's worth the trip from Lubbock, but I do like Memphis.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I've been to a few Liberty Bowls over the years and had a good time. Memphis can be entertaining for brief visits. Elvis's house is an oddball curiosity, Memphis BBQ, small local Mom and Pop international restaurants, Cooper Young area is nice, decent small zoo, etc. Beale St. is overrated IMO.

Not sure it's worth the trip from Lubbock, but I do like Memphis.
I’m heading out there to watch the game wiht some good friends of mine. I love Memphis and would visit any day.

As an aside, this game is going to be a bloodbath. Tech does not match up well at all for this one. I expect it to be 55-20 ish

ZeroClub

UFA
I’m heading out there to watch the game wiht some good friends of mine. I love Memphis and would visit any day.

As an aside, this game is going to be a bloodbath. Tech does not match up well at all for this one. I expect it to be 55-20 ish
The Liberty Bowl game is quite nice. It is a smaller bowl game and I think the scale of it makes it very comfortable and pleasant. Not difficult at all for me to imagine it being a very nice trip for Tech fans.

and it isn't in Pittsburgh.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Good lord.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

I'd be good with it.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
It should be against the rules. They protect QBs so much, and this is gaming the system.
True, but it doesn’t change the fact that it was a brilliant move.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
True, but it doesn’t change the fact that it was a brilliant move.

I don't know, maybe. It was a good run up to that point as it is though, and he's asking for a concussion next time he runs because no one will believe him if he goes to slide.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Easy-ish fix. It doesn't even have to be a penalty, just end the play when a QB motions the beginning of a slide. Whether the slide actually occurs or not doesn't matter at that point. Play over.

They're supposed to mark the play dead there at the beginning of the slide anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom