2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Rattler making me look stupid for calling him a very high first rounder. I can't believe how much he's regressed. Great arm talent but apparently a ten cent head. Looks like he doesn't take coaching well.
Coming into the season he absolutely looked like a high 1st round pick. He finished the 2020 season very strong and everyone assumed that he'd build on what he did the final 6 games of the 2020 season. But like you said, he's been a massive disappointment and has regressed.

I don't understand why we're not seeing Caleb Williams at all. With the way this offense has been struggling, Lincoln Riley should have a few packages built in to utilize Williams like WVU did with their Freshman QB. Williams is a much better athlete than Rattler. He's basically another Kyler Murray type talent. Why they aren't using him in some capacity is beyond me.

Caleb Williams' skill set would be a perfect fix for OU's problem's on offense. He's more adapt at scrambling and making plays off schedule than Rattler. Spencer Rattler is surprisingly slow. IDK if he could beat Mac Jones in a foot race. Throwing a dynamic runner/playmaker back there, who is also a good passer, seems like a no-brainer.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rattler making me look stupid for calling him a very high first rounder. I can't believe how much he's regressed. Great arm talent but apparently a ten cent head. Looks like he doesn't take coaching well.
Plus...seriously...take a look at the kid.

Does he look like a leader? Zero swag.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Plus...seriously...take a look at the kid.

Does he look like a leader? Zero swag.
That's kind of been the knock on him inside Sooner circles. Apparently he's lacking in the leadership department.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't understand why we're not seeing Caleb Williams at all. With the way this offense has been struggling, Lincoln Riley should have a few packages built in to utilize Williams like WVU did with their Freshman QB. Williams is a much better athlete than Rattler.
My theory is he knows if he puts in Williams and he looks better than Rattler, it'll be really hard to put Rattler back in and it's full blown QB controversy time. He didn't have to worry about that with Mordechai because Rattler was clearly the better talent.

Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean he shouldn't do it.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
My theory is he knows if he puts in Williams and he looks better than Rattler, it'll be really hard to put Rattler back in and it's full blown QB controversy time. He didn't have to worry about that with Mordechai because Rattler was clearly the better talent.

Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean he shouldn't do it.

Also, doing it after the crowd was chanting for him appears very reactionary. Moreover, it would damage Rattler's psyche.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have not sat down and watched College Gameday in years.

Goddamn, Corso has gone way down hill. And they are giggling at this poor bitch. It is sad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought Arkansas was supposed to be hot shit, but Georgia is just rolling all over them.

They might have one or two decent players, but they are outmatched by pretty much every Bulldog.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Hopes and dreams get crushed on Saturdays!

Can’t wait!

ZeroClub

UFA
I've followed Mississippi State for many years. I've tried to keep an open mind with Mike Leach, but his offense is difficult to watch. MSU will always have trouble with several of the SEC teams on their schedule, but most often the 3 and 4 star athletes recruited by MSU physically dominate lesser nonconference opponents. This year, running Leach's rigid, pass obsessed offense, MSU nearly lost to LA Tech and later got beat by U Memphis. Had Leach just run the ball, they would have dominated. But no. Feels like the entire program has been locked in a dark shed. Not looking forward to A&M later today.

Trivia factoid: Dak was a 3 star coming out of high school.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I've followed Mississippi State for many years. I've tried to keep an open mind with Mike Leach, but his offense is difficult to watch. MSU will always have trouble with several of the SEC teams on their schedule, but most often the 3 and 4 star athletes recruited by MSU physically dominate lesser nonconference opponents. This year, running Leach's rigid, pass obsessed offense, MSU nearly lost to LA Tech and later got beat by U Memphis. Had Leach just run the ball, they would have dominated. But no. Feels like the entire program has been locked in a dark shed. Not looking forward to A&M later today.

Trivia factoid: Dak was a 3 star coming out of high school.
Leach could possibly get the team up to 7-8ish wins in the SEC. There will be some exciting wins, his teams will play tough at times but expect a lot of embarrassment in between. He’s a good coach but he’a in a tough spot. Terrible fit for a lower-mid tier SEC team. He’s a much better fit for different conferences.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Leach could possibly get the team up to 7-8ish wins in the SEC. There will be some exciting wins, his teams will play tough at times but expect a lot of embarrassment in between. He’s a good coach but he’a in a tough spot. Terrible fit for a lower-mid tier SEC team. He’s a much better fit for different conferences.
He belongs back in Lubbock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom