2021 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Texas Tech probably isn't a job most coaches will work the rest of their career at.
At least not in football. I think we may have our "forever" coaches in basketball, baseball, and track, thankfully.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah, Texas Tech probably isn't a job most coaches will work the rest of their career at. They are going to listen to offers if they succeed there. It's the nature of the beast unless you're an Alabama or Clemson. Or you find a coach like Ferentz who has no aspirations to change.
I get that. The point is that Leach became really unstable and increasingly difficult to work with. He constantly looked for other jobs. He was accused of player abuse and was asked, “hey Mike, apologize and let’s get this public crisis behind us.” His words were, “fuck you, I’m not apologizing to anyone!” Then he was suspended which he responded with a lawsuit against the university. He was then fired. Please tell me in what situation anyone keeps their job after that. All of this flies in the face of the story that he was railroaded. That’s all. He’s not a victim of meanie head chancellors.

Cotton

Staff member
I get that. The point is that Leach became really unstable and increasingly difficult to work with. He constantly looked for other jobs. He was accused of player abuse and was asked, “hey Mike, apologize and let’s get this public crisis behind us.” His words were, “fuck you, I’m not apologizing to anyone!” Then he was suspended which he responded with a lawsuit against the university. He was then fired. Please tell me in what situation anyone keeps their job after that. All of this flies in the face of the story that he was railroaded. That’s all. He’s not a victim of meanie head chancellors.
Let's go over this and get the real truth out there, Fauci.

1. He was not asked to "get this crisis behind us". He was told to apologize for something he didn't do.

2. He did say "fuck you", as he should have, because an ESPN's analyst's boy was taken to the medical tent and told to sit the fuck down.

3. He should have sued them. They terminated him the day before he was meant to earn about $800,000.

4. The only "player abuse" he was accused of was the bullshit Craig James accused him of, which turned out to to be absolute bullshit.

5. He was railroaded. 100%

Hance and Myers both had it out for him because he wanted (and deserved) more money. It's that simple.

Cotton

Staff member
It's really weird he hasn't been accuse of player abuse at MSU. So damn weird. Guess he learned his lesson, huh?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Tech can reap what they sow.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It's really weird he hasn't been accuse of player abuse at MSU. So damn weird. Guess he learned his lesson, huh?
You have a very weird propensity of shifting to arguing something that I have never taken an opposite stance on. Leach has since accused of player abuse. That is not and never was my point. Players are generally soft and wrong when they cry abuse. Tech had a media crisis with a slimball daddy sportsacaster. So if you're going to argue with me about it why don't you argue with what I disagree with. Leach was asked to sign a very generic agreement saying he'd watch out for players. He was never asked to publicly admit or apologize. He said, "f-off" and then was suspended as the coach for the bowl game. When a player accuses abuse and ESPN is on the ass of the university you can't just pretend nothing is happening. The series of events are very well documented.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don’t know what to do with this team. Are the a slow starting team? A no starting team? First half team? Every week is different.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don’t know what to do with this team. Are the a slow starting team? A no starting team? First half team? Every week is different.
No wonder you people are psychotic.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The iam/skid dustup was better than any CFB game I saw today

Cotton

Staff member
You said he had been accused of player abuse, and that isn't true outside of a bullshit accusation that was proven not true.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching Kentucky and Florida.

My inside source says pay attention to Kentucky because our scouts love them.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You said he had been accused of player abuse, and that isn't true outside of a bullshit accusation that was proven not true.
You ever notice that your dumb ass argues for the sake of it vs following any sort of linear logic?

Ok buddio you owned me. Take a victory lap and spend the rest of the day basking in the glory. You got me so hard that my entire time on the beach here is ruined.

Cotton

Staff member
You ever notice that your dumb ass argues for the sake of it vs following any sort of linear logic?

Ok buddio you owned me. Take a victory lap and spend the rest of the day basking in the glory. You got me so hard that my entire time on the beach here is ruined.
As soon as you present logic, I will follow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom