2020 Undrafted Free Agents.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
All's well that ends well
Probably looked at our WR depth chart and said fuck this, figuring he'd never have a chance to move up to maybe a 5th WR. Minnesota right now only has Adam Thielen and their draft pick Justin Jefferson. Then a bunch of scrubs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
SIGNED UDFA'S

DE Ron'Dell Carter James Madison
WR Aaron Parker Rhode Island
TE Sean McKeon MIchigan
Edge Ladarious Hamilton North Texas
FB Sewo Olonilua TCU
LB Francis Bernard Utah
Edge Garrett Marino Alabama-Birmingham
WR Quartney Davis Texas A&M*
RB Rico Dowdle South Carolina
S Luther Kirk Illinois State
OT Terrence Steele Texas Tech
WR Stephen Guidry Mississippi State
TE Charlie Taumoepeau Portland State

*Originally agreed to terms with Dallas. Then signed with Minnesota Vikings.

God damn.

Bernard, Parker.

The riches continue.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Probably looked at our WR depth chart and said fuck this, figuring he'd never have a chance to move up to maybe a 5th WR. Minnesota right now only has Adam Thielen and their draft pick Justin Jefferson. Then a bunch of scrubs.
Probably so, best of luck to him

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I feel like usually I'm looking at the UDFA's hoping to make up for the draft. I don't feel that way at all this year. We really hit on all the right positions this year. I think we both got awesome talent and filled the roster out nicely at all the right positions.

I guess the one thing we didn't get was a safety. That's about it.
Yeah, seems like we figured Ha Ha has it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think it shows they must really like Wilson or one of the backups otherwise you would have thought they would try harder at least for a third safety.
I wish we could have come away with a safety this year, too But there are only so many draft picks. I mean, who would you be willing to give up and take a safety in their place? First pick? No way. Lamb all the way. Second? When we were on the clock at 51, the best safeties on the board were probably Jeremy Chinn and Ashtyn Davis. Nope. I'll stay with Diggs. Third? When we took Gallimore, Blackmon and Burgess were the best on the board. And it just got worse from there.

Safety just wasn't in the cards this year unless we wanted to trade up. And I wouldn't want to miss out on any of our picks this year

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wish we could have come away with a safety this year, too But there are only so many draft picks. I mean, who would you be willing to give up and take a safety in their place? First pick? No way. Lamb all the way. Second? When we were on the clock at 51, the best safeties on the board were probably Jeremy Chinn and Ashtyn Davis. Nope. I'll stay with Diggs. Third? When we took Gallimore, Blackmon and Burgess were the best on the board. And it just got worse from there.

Safety just wasn't in the cards this year unless we wanted to trade up. And I wouldn't want to miss out on any of our picks this year
Yeah the only pick I would maybe trade out is the fourth round corner or seventh round QB. By those points in the draft I don't think there was a safety worth getting excited about. Winfield, Delpit or McKinney there at our second round pick and maybe there is a discussion. But yeah, our picks were all so good that I didn't even realize we didn't get a safety until it was all over. And I don't see the point in drafting one unless I really think he is better then Wilson. When you start talking Burgess I'm not that jazzed he is necessarily better than Wilson.

Top Bottom