2020 Season | Week 9 | Gameday Chatter | Steelers @ Cowboys | 11/8/2020

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Guess I'll get it rolling this week to close out the historic weekend.

Notre Dame beating Clemson and Indiana housing Michigan. No one saw that coming. Amirite?

Meanwhile in Big D, the losing streak continues today. Hopefully the defense continues to take steps forward. Particularly the 1st and 2nd year players.

Steelers 32
Cowboys 6

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Staff member
I still would rather see DiNucci starting this game. I hate that they pretty much tossed him aside after only one start.

Last week was his first NFL start, playing under the bright lights of a nationally televised SNF broadcast at that. Why not run him out there again to see if he's learned from his mistakes? Maybe things slow down for him and he doesn't make as many mistakes.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s Make-a-Wish season in Dallas

You ever dreamt of taking an NFL sack as a Dallas Cowboy? Come on down.
I'm not comvinced that they aren't throwing Gilbert out there because they know this game is going to be ugly and our QB could be traumatized after. Gilbert is the most WGAS QB on the roster.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm not comvinced that they aren't throwing Gilbert out there because they know this game is going to be ugly and our QB could be traumatized after. Gilbert is the most WGAS QB on the roster.
Steele vs Dupree and Watt is going to lead to a lot of hits and hurries on the QB.

It would be funny if their plan is to allow Gilbert to be the punching bag for this week then release him first thing Monday morning.

data

Forbes #1
It would be funny if their plan is to allow Gilbert to be the punching bag for this week then release him first thing Monday morning.
Hell, they may have just glued Gilbert’s name on the jersey, falling off during the 3rd quarter revealing Weeden underneath

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I still would rather see DiNucci starting this game. I hate that they pretty much tossed him aside after only one start.

Last week was his first NFL start, playing under the bright lights of a nationally televised SNF broadcast at that. Why not run him out there again to see if he's learned from his mistakes? Maybe things slow down for him and he doesn't make as many mistakes.
Same. I mean, what is this scrub going to do? He isn't going to win shit, and he won't even be on the team next year. Hell, he might not make it to the end of this season, so what's the point. At least take the opportunity to at least try to develop the guy you have stock resources in.

Cotton

Staff member
This is going to be a rough one to watch, but we can all hang out and act like we are in the Test Thread, amirite?

1bigfan13

Staff member
This is going to be a rough one to watch, but we can all hang out and act like we are in the Test Thread, amirite?
Got any good pea soup recipes?

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same. I mean, what is this scrub going to do? He isn't going to win shit, and he won't even be on the team next year. Hell, he might not make it to the end of this season, so what's the point. At least take the opportunity to at least try to develop the guy you have stock resources in.
I'm guessing this is the only game we see him.

Cotton

Staff member
describe your smoker. what kind, wood perference, etc
I have a Cuisinart dual pellet smoker/gas grill. I also have an upright stick smoker. It depends on the meat I am cooking as far as wood. I prefer mesquite for beef mainly and hickory for pork, but I have used all kinds of fruit woods, too. Apple, peach, apricot, etc. My Cuisinart is pictured below.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
I have a Cuisinart dual pellet smoker/gas grill. I also have an upright stick smoker. It depends on the meat I am cooking as far as wood. I prefer mesquite for beef mainly and hickory for pork, but I have used all kinds of fruit woods, too. Apple, peach, apricot, etc. My Cuisinart is pictured below.

what do you think of the Green Egg?

Cotton

Staff member
what do you think of the Green Egg?
I've never owned one, so hard for me to say. I have heard a lot of people say good things about them, though.

Cotton

Staff member
I also own a 36" Blackstone griddle and an electric smoker that I never use anymore. In addition to my "regular" grill that I used to use for steaks until I got this combo grill. Now, I reverse sear my steaks and pork chops.

Top Bottom