2020 Season | Week 6 | Gameday Chatter | Cardinals at Cowboys | 10/18/2020

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Garrett certainly is looking better by comparison.
:lol
Hardly. Remember the shit show we watched after, what was it? A 12 or 13 win season, or something like that? And that was with just losing his QB. I would love to see what he would do with losing his QB, TE, and basically his entire OL. And his RB turned into a lumbering, fumble machine. And then add in the losses on defense... Fun times.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's like going from Stalin to Kruschev.

You hope the new guy is better. But if he's also not good enough, that doesn't suddenly make the previous shit show better than it was.

That's just dumb.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Not a fan of the players chirping like this.

Guess what guys, a lot of you aren't good at your jobs, either.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Probably the same guy that says he doesnt go all out.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Garrett wouldn't do any better down Prescott, Smith, Collins (Frederick as well?), on top of a whole smattering of defensive players, so please keep your Garrett bullshit to yourself as he coordinates literally the worst offense in the league.
I'm teasing you guys.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
:lol
Hardly. Remember the shit show we watched after, what was it? A 12 or 13 win season, or something like that? And that was with just losing his QB. I would love to see what he would do with losing his QB, TE, and basically his entire OL. And his RB turned into a lumbering, fumble machine. And then add in the losses on defense... Fun times.
:lol right back at you

You want to pretend this shitshow of a season started with Dak's injury? Sure. Let's pretend that.

Look I don't want Garrett back but that doesn't excuse this fucking disaster.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I get it what you're saying, but the coaching is just so bad right now.

I'm glad they're speaking out because what's showing up on the field is inexcusable, and to me it looks like coaching is the biggest issue.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I mean, I would double down that the Garrett problems were never as bad as they were made out to be by some, and this is kinda proving it, but again, that's not an argument for keeping Garrett.

It is a bit disconcerting in regards to our ability to actually find a better coach. If McCarthy isn't it, as I've said before, I'm not sure where to look next.

Just role the dice on unknown after unknown every two years until you strike gold?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I mean, I would double down that the Garrett problems were never as bad as they were made out to be by some, and this is kinda proving it, but again, that's not an argument for keeping Garrett.

It is a bit disconcerting in regards to our ability to actually find a better coach. If McCarthy isn't it, as I've said before, I'm not sure where to look next.

Just role the dice on unknown after unknown every two years until you strike gold?
Yes, although "unknown" is a relative term.

Basically every top HC in the league right now joined their team directly as an assistant from another team without being a HC elsewhere first. Last year Greg Roman was my top choice, he'd still be my top choice along with Bieniemy, and it certainly may not work as you allude to, but that's what the NFL is.

And to be clear, if the season were to stop tomorrow I wouldn't get rid of McCarthy, I still think he can come back from this, but if the team continues on this trajectory the rest of the year you really can't keep him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
A staff that loses the team just half a season into their tenure is a staff that has to be wiped.

I think Garrett and Jerry are to blame for some of what's going on here because I think the country club culture was established by them.

This was more Jerry than Garrett, but Garrett isn't blameless in this as he never held anybody accountable ever and it shows.

Having said that, the product that's be trotted out there for the first 6 weeks of the season is worse than anything I ever saw under Garrett.

Yes, we saw teams give up on Garrett. (2015 and 2019)

Yes, we saw them throw away seasons and go on long losing streaks.

Yes, we saw Garrett fail to get the most out of talent.

But what we did not see under Garrett was a team with a healthy pro bowl QB go 5 straight weeks looking completely dysfunctional.

Does that mean Garrett was better? No.

Does it mean we should have kept him? Fuck no.

But it is a terrible blemish to have for McCarthy and Co. to take over for a coach and staff that was widely regarded as being one of the worst in football and manage to outdo them from a negative standpoint.

The Cowboys aren't just bad, they're historically bad. Every single unit of this team has had practically a season's worth of mistakes, blunders, head-scratching coaching decisions and negative record-pace statistics in just 6 weeks!

There is a clear lack of effort from key players and it goes unpunished.

As I said last night, I'm so flabbergasted by what has occurred this season that I can't even bring myself to be angry about it. I'm just truly shocked because there is no way you could have ever seen this coming or expected it to happen.

You could take the worst team in the league from each of the past 5 seasons and I don't think even they would go 6 straight weeks doing each and every one of the things these Cowboys have done.

How does something like this even happen?

What I do know is that you can't just chalk this up to one nightmarish season and try to start fresh next year.

As someone alluded to in this thread last night, the Cowboys aren't just bad, they are historically bad. And when you're historically bad, when you're expected to be a playoff team and be better than the guys you replaced, significant consequences have to come from that.

Whether Jerry will actually act on it is another story.

But from what I've seen thus far, I would not be against wiping the entire staff and starting completely over if these sorts of performances and embarrassments continue through the end of the season.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah I did notice 79 out there at least playing with some heart and effort.

Top Bottom