2020 Season | Week 3 | Gameday Chatter | Cowboys at Seahawks | 9/27/2020

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If Dak just took those last 2 sacks we'd be tearing him a new one...
J/s

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I feel like Romo was way better at that last second drive producing TDs or points.

Dak has comebacks on his resume but I bet comparatively few are last second TD drives.
This is five years old now.

Dak’s OL is suspect now, he didn’t have a running game to speak of and of course no defense.

I’m just glad he didn’t melt down like in Atlanta a couple of years back.

This is what Romo had to deal with all the time. For the most part Dak took advantage of his gifted WR corps, but that strip sack decided the game.

If the OL doesn’t get back to all-universe again, you can expect Daks interception percentage to climb.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Watching this game, we so got fucked by the refs in ours
We keep saying this, and it sounds really hollow now.

Maybe, just maybe, our players don’t understand the rules. Like how not to extend your arm fully when pushing off or how not to head butt Russell Wilson.

p1_

DCC 4Life
If the OL doesn’t get back to all-universe again, you can expect Daks interception percentage to climb.
I’m not convinced of this. They haven’t been the 2016 release since 2016, and he reached almost 300 passes w out a pick

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And this is why I don't think Lamar Jackson is a no brainer over Dak, he's improved as a passer but he still struggles against better teams and most of his success is built off how much of a running threat he is and how creative the Ravens scheme is.

It's part of the reason I wanted Greg Roman as HC.
Lamar Jackson is a great runner but a Luke warm Quarterback. He is a great athlete but lacking in understandings of the workings of football structure. He relies on instinct rather than knowing and executing a system. In short his greatest contribution to a team is his own skills but he wastes resources of the rest of the offense by not adhering to a playbook and letting the rest of the team to be more involved. That’s the way I see him and he is very pivotal currently. He will either move toward the structure or go the way of others who started great but got beat up in the process like the kid from Baylor who was a Hiesman winner. You know who I mean.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Lamar Jackson is a great runner but a Luke warm Quarterback. He is a great athlete but lacking in understandings of the workings of football structure. He relies on instinct rather than knowing and executing a system. In short his greatest contribution to a team is his own skills but he wastes resources of the rest of the offense by not adhering to a playbook and letting the rest of the team to be more involved. That’s the way I see him and he is very pivotal currently. He will either move toward the structure or go the way of others who started great but got beat up in the process like the kid from Baylor who was a Hiesman winner. You know who I mean.
RGIII - Lamar's backup in Baltimore.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
This has likely been discussed, but there were way too many damn Dak n' Dunks thrown to Zeke.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And it’s telling , in a negative manner , that Dak had to pass for so many yards just to be in those 2 games
In the Falcons game it was simply dumbass turnovers that set us so far behind. We had to go into turbo mode on offense. The Seahawks game wasn't as much mistakes and turnovers as it was a defense that just kept giving up big plays and TDs (via penalties). And in the Seahawks game it was partially because we couldn't run the ball for shit.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I’m not convinced of this. They haven’t been the 2016 release since 2016, and he reached almost 300 passes w out a pick
They’ve had three all-pros (or substitute pro bowlers) on the roster for most of those years. Last year they had four high performing OL.

This week they had just one... i.e. they were a normal NFL OL and the run blocking and pass blocking were inconsistent.

We can hope Tyron and Collins make it back all the way, but if they don’t it’s clear our whole offensive approach is going to have to adjust accordingly.

Or you can bet the bad plays will keep happening.

Top Bottom