2020 Season | Week 13 | Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ Ravens | 12/06/2020

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Not sure what you're watching here, but he didn't maintain containment. He was peeking inside and started following the pulling tackle in front of him, hopping that direction and was caught out of position, losing the angle.
Taking one step to your left isn't losing containment, and he was still well outside of Dobbins when Dobbins got the ball.

vlcsnap-2020-12-10-20h22m28s571.jpg

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He was positioned that way before the play even started. He didn't position himself to be outside contain.
he had the angle and five yards to work with. why do people think that only a superhuman could have stopped Dobbins on that run?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
he had the angle and five yards to work with. why do people think that only a superhuman could have stopped Dobbins on that run?
I don't but if a guy stands still in place until the RB runs around him that's technique not talent.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Taking one step to your left isn't losing containment, and he was still well outside of Dobbins when Dobbins got the ball.

View attachment 690983
This still pic doesn't show him moving in the opposite direction that the RB is going once he receives the handoff. Even though he is still out wider than the RB, them both moving in opposite directions is the difference in this play. Go back to your .gif it shows it clearly. He did not have contain at all. Not sure why you are trying to argue that he did when anybody can clearly see he got sucked in by the tackle pulling and blew his assignment.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't but if a guy stands still in place until the RB runs around him that's technique not talent.
Hell, if he would have been standing still (which would still be bad) it would have been better than what he did. He started to follow the tackle, which had his momentum going in the wrong direction. He then had to stop, change directions, then start again after the RB. Which we all can see did not work out very well for him.

p1_

DCC 4Life

he was Jaylon Smith bad. Doesn't bode well at all.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Eh, I think there's some overreaction to that one awful 4th down long TD run by Jackson. LVE is one of the very few defensive players who showed a pulse all year.

The problem with giving him an extension is his health.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Eh, I think there's some overreaction to that one awful 4th down long TD run by Jackson. LVE is one of the very few defensive players who showed a pulse all year.

The problem with giving him an extension is his health.
Agreed. Plenty to bitch about on this defense. LVE would be pretty far down that list.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The problem with this team is the same as it has been for years. No one understands leadership principles. And that is not just limited to the joneses

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The problem with this team is the same as it has been for years. No one understands leadership principles. And that is not just limited to the joneses
So true.

No accountability whatsoever.

The fact that Jaylon Smith is still a captain says it all.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So true.

No accountability whatsoever.

The fact that Jaylon Smith is still a captain says it all.
It's like the guy says all the right stuff as a leader to make everyone think he is still great. But his play on the field looks like a shitty undrafted free agent.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's like the guy says all the right stuff as a leader to make everyone think he is still great. But his play on the field looks like a shitty undrafted free agent.
Can you imagine the pressure within the org for players to toe the company line and appear to support this guy when he really just sucks ass?

Jerry signs this guy to a long term contract, and now everyone is expected to pretend he's captain material.

Perfect example of how this is a fucking broken and delusional org.

How can there be true accountability in an environment like that?

Top Bottom