2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Probably one of the most talented football players I have ever seen. But also with an ego to match it.
Yeah. I've never said he wasn't an all timer talent. But I seriously couldn't stand him then, and can't stand him now.

At least he was somewhat tolerable while he was playing. But now? He's just an all timer egomaniac asshole that is 95% screaming at the camera, 5% fake compassion for whatever the feels topic du jour happens to be at the moment.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the greatest example of a mercenary that the NFL has ever seen.

Out for himself from day one.
Admittedly I loved him when he was in Dallas. But I was essentially a child back then. Now I'm with NoDak I don't find him enjoyable to watch on TV and his analysis sucks. He has no real insight. It's just about bragging and screaming and trying to pal around. Not really what I'm looking for when I want to watch football shows but maybe there is a different demographic that does.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Admittedly I loved him when he was in Dallas. But I was essentially a child back then. Now I'm with NoDak I don't find him enjoyable to watch on TV and his analysis sucks. He has no real insight. It's just about bragging and screaming and trying to pal around.
As a Cowboys fan, I tolerated him and his antics when he played for us. Anything was better than having to stomach the 49'ers blatantly cheating and bypassing the NFL's salary cap (and then getting a slap on the wrist as the league swept it all under the rug).

But he was a dick right from the beginning, with his custom made golf carts zipping around camp like he was better than the rest of the team. That's where the divisions started with the team. When assholes like him were allowed to come in and demand - and get - special treatment. Things went downhill quickly after that.

Not really what I'm looking for when I want to watch football shows but maybe there is a different demographic that does.
Clearly not a big enough demographic to where NFL Network feels he's worth the money they're paying him.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I thought the Cowboys could have found a role for him here. Despite all of the quality wideouts that they undeniably have, I would still like to see a pure speed element among the group, if not Austin, maybe a guy like Taylor Gabriel, who I think is still unsigned.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I'd have liked to see him back. Our depth beyond the top 3 is pretty anemic. Plus he can return punts pretty well.
Same here. Although if I'm remembering correctly, there may have been some chatter about him being less than a model citizen behind the scenes. Something about being a complainer. Maybe that's why they showed no interest in a return?

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
I think the Bills are making some quality moves recently. Far better than past mistakes like the Ryan brothers.

If I had to pick a winner for the AFC East, I'd take Buffalo at this point, given that Brady is no longer a Patriot.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I think the Bills are making some quality moves recently. Far better than past mistakes like the Ryan brothers.

If I had to pick a winner for the AFC East, I'd take Buffalo at this point, given that Brady is no longer a Patriot.

I think they'll win it easily.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Admittedly I loved him when he was in Dallas. But I was essentially a child back then. Now I'm with NoDak I don't find him enjoyable to watch on TV and his analysis sucks. He has no real insight. It's just about bragging and screaming and trying to pal around. Not really what I'm looking for when I want to watch football shows but maybe there is a different demographic that does.
He's always been about himself first. CB was the perfect position for him because it let him play on an island. Many things he says and advocates for as a supposedly objective analyst seem to circle back to his love of himself.

It takes all kinds I guess. Luckily for Deion he had superhuman talent, but his attitude was poison to others.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd have liked to see him back. Our depth beyond the top 3 is pretty anemic. Plus he can return punts pretty well.
I don't really care if it is him, he has had his chances.

But yes, we need a speedy fourth WR option.

The guys we have don't do it for me.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Same, but I'm a bigger Allen fan than most. I think he's going to be really good. His arm talent is something special.

But for this particular year, I still wouldn't count out Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom