2020 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Would love to replace Rush with Tannehill or Dalton, but we probably can't afford it. Will be interesting to see where Brady, Rivers, Winston and Bridgewater end up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Wait, that is why he threw 30 picks?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Those a re some pretty significant changes in a relatively short period of time.

- Preseason reduced to 3 games
- 17 game regular season (would start in 2021 season)
- 7 playoff teams from each conference
- Only 1 team gets a 1st round playoff bye

I wonder if they're going to give each team 2 byes if the regular season is extended. I seem to remember back in the 90s, for about two seasons each team had 2 bye weeks.

data

Forbes #1
Playoff format proposal to add #7 is obviously to make more money. It’s not like college pre-BCS to right a wrong where a #3 seed would’ve been cheated out of a championship chance.

You know this just paves the way for a future eighth seed with no bye weeks.

Shit, just go all out, keep 16 regular season games and make it a 32-team playoff with #1 vs #16. Five games to win Super Bowl. Playoff games in London and Mexico City.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Playoff games in London and Mexico City.
Greedy owners would never agree to losing gate money for a playoff game, and honestly neither would I. But a Super Bowl being played in Europe or Mexico.....I think something like that will definitely happen at some point down the road.

It would be a nice bargaining chip to squeeze even more money out of cities competing for the right to host the SB.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom