2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Ryan Tannehill has as many playoff wins as Tony Romo
This is what kills me about Garrett. There are so many ways to build a successful team. San Fran and Tenn do nothing special. They manage with a bunch of 2nd tier skill position guys and good line play. He had good line play (at least at the offensive side) and 1st tier skill guys and couldn't win. :mad:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He was far too gracious for a guy used to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ryan Tannehill has as many playoff wins as Tony Romo
He is the type of QB that I could see winning a Superbowl and then being utter shit the rest of his career. You can win a Superbowl with a subpar QB. But the success is never sustainable.

data

Forbes #1
This is what kills me about Garrett. There are so many ways to build a successful team. San Fran and Tenn do nothing special. They manage with a bunch of 2nd tier skill position guys and good line play. He had good line play (at least at the offensive side) and 1st tier skill guys and couldn't win. :mad:
What a waste of Romo’s career.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He'll never go back to coaching. Too much money.

I think I might stay at CBS if I'm Romo though. I'm sure they'll give him a competitive offer, and he seems respected at CBS.

ESPN seems like too much of a sinking ship/clown show over there right now.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
ESPN will also probably try to shoehorn him into all their horse shit "hot take" programming whereas at CBS he just does the game for 3 hours, along with associated preparation, and that's it.

And with CBS the focus is always the game and breaking it down in an educated manner, as opposed to ESPN which is basically just shock jock radio nowadays.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Agreed with both of you.

ESPN is a joke and furthermore, MNF is a shell of its former self.

How many legitimately good matchups do we get each season on MNF? 3 maybe 4 at most?

He'd be better off staying at CBS where he does the #1 game each week. He won't have to be wasted away doing a random Jaguars vs Dolphins or Bears vs Lions game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
ESPN will also probably try to shoehorn him into all their horse shit "hot take" programming whereas at CBS he just does the game for 3 hours, along with associated preparation, and that's it.

And with CBS the focus is always the game and breaking it down in an educated manner, as opposed to ESPN which is basically just shock jock radio nowadays.
Maybe he can replace teh Booger

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

ESPN is so bad, it basically ruins the MNF game for me. They'll ruin Tony if they get him.

I wouldn't doubt if he just leverages this for a CBS raise, though. He and Nantz are friends and have good chemistry on air.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Dallas Cowboys linebacker Leighton Vander Esch underwent surgery on his neck on Tuesday with the expectation that he will be available during the offseason program, according to multiple sources. Vander Esch missed seven games with the injury. The hope was he could avoid surgery with rest, but opted for a non-invasive procedure to alleviate the nerve issues he had been dealing with.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer 6m ago

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Dallas Cowboys linebacker Leighton Vander Esch underwent surgery on his neck on Tuesday with the expectation that he will be available during the offseason program, according to multiple sources. Vander Esch missed seven games with the injury. The hope was he could avoid surgery with rest, but opted for a non-invasive procedure to alleviate the nerve issues he had been dealing with.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer 6m ago
Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom