2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
All the political crap in the NFL pretty much ruined it for me. I've watched two games this year.
Now, looking at it from a distance it looks to me like the typical cycle this organization goes through: Talented team with no results...to irrelevancy. I really think the last time this team had a real shot was against GB with the bad call on the Dez catch.
The 2016 team wasn't gonna beat a contender.
Now it looks like a complete overhaul is inevitable. From top to bottom

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Cowboys in Crisis: How Can McCarthy FIX THIS?

:lol You think Jimmy Johnson would've done what he's suggesting? Fuck no... football isn't a democracy, it's a DICTATORSHIP.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This topic came up on Sirius today and I totally agree with it.

There was a distressed Texans fan on there and the suggestion from Kirwan was to hire consultants, have them evaluate the team independently and come back with reports.

I know how sometimes consultants are laughable when you think you get it right as an organization.

If the Joneses were serious about hard truths, they would have done this a long time ago.

They have no interest in winning a Super Bowl. Let's be clear about that.

They are only concerned about relevance because they are accountable to no one other than themselves.

Jones just plays the card that he gives a fuck.

He looks at that man in the mirror.

He screams into that pillow.

It is not a coincidence that he has been one of the most aggressive owners in the sport in getting fans in the stands.

I would hope that going forward people don't bother to take his bait.

He is delivering a bad football product. And he knows it.
They're pretending. I don't think Jerry sits around at night laughing about how he's fleecing the fans and enjoying a chuckle at how shitty a team he has, he just doesn't know any better.

They don't really have any innovative or forward-thinking football philosophies of their own, they just try to mimic whatever they've seen work out somewhat well in the past.

The real problem is that Jerry's ego won't allow him to actually mimic what the best organizations do, so he only takes it up until the point where his ego/pride will allow him (i.e. to the point where he's comfortable that things are being done "his" way and that he'll get a certain amount of credit) and not an inch further.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
They're pretending. I don't think Jerry sits around at night laughing about how he's fleecing the fans and enjoying a chuckle at how shitty a team he has, he just doesn't know any better.

They don't really have any innovative or forward-thinking football philosophies of their own, they just try to mimic whatever they've seen work out somewhat well in the past.

The real problem is that Jerry's ego won't allow him to actually mimic what the best organizations do, so he only takes it up until the point where his ego/pride will allow him (i.e. to the point where he's comfortable that things are being done "his" way and that he'll get a certain amount of credit) and not an inch further.
This ^

data

Forbes #1
With NFC East being so pathetic, if the division just formed one Pro Bowl team, how many Cowboys would be in it

Zack Martin and up to our three WRs. That’s it, right? Maybe Badass? Maybe Aldon Smith?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's sad but I agree with him. Not the part about Smith and Collins coming back but about trying to trade for a legit LT. They aren't available and if they are the price would be too high. Unfortunately though you know Jerry really thinks Smith is coming back. I'll be shocked if he comes back next year and plays most of the season. I really think he could retire.

Collins will probably be back but who knows what type of work he will put in. Hell I'm still not even sure how the fuck he got hurt. He didn't do anything with us since last year and suddenly he needs season ending surgery once the season starts. The whole situation stinks of shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's sad but I agree with him. Not the part about Smith and Collins coming back but about trying to trade for a legit LT. They aren't available and if they are the price would be too high. Unfortunately though you know Jerry really thinks Smith is coming back. I'll be shocked if he comes back next year and plays most of the season. I really think he could retire.

Collins will probably be back but who knows what type of work he will put in. Hell I'm still not even sure how the fuck he got hurt. He didn't do anything with us since last year and suddenly he needs season ending surgery once the season starts. The whole situation stinks of shit.
Okay. Now try DL and S.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So who is the success imposter and the failure imposter?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Success imposter: Tyrone Crawford
Im thinking he is naming coaches by the context of the tweet. Then again its Jerry and he could just be talking about lunch.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom