2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's about feeling the rush and getting the off. Good QBs tend to get the ball off wven if it looks like a bad throw in the dirt to a guy covered. It's an internal clock. What you will see is less plays extended where Dak hits a guy after scrambling.

Agreed, although to be fair Dalton did exactly that on the pass to Gallup on the final drive.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't get where the Dalton is a statue narrative got started.

Is he as mobile as Prescott or Romo? Not, not really. But he can still scramble a bit and has run read option.

But he's not Bledsoe or something. He has ran nearly 400 times for over 1200 yards and has 22 TDs in his career.

shoop

Semi-contributing member

Is he as mobile as Prescott or Romo? Not, not really. But he can still scramble a bit and has run read option.

But he's not Bledsoe or something. He has ran nearly 400 times for over 1200 yards and has 22 TDs in his career.
I found that a bit funny. Being in Ohio I have Bengal fans and I always referred to Dalton as Romo-Lite. He was much more durable just slightly less talented.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, although to be fair Dalton did exactly that on the pass to Gallup on the final drive.
Yeah I said less plays. I think Dalton is a better athlete than given credit. He will male plays on the move. I just don't think he will break all the arm tackles and such that Dak does.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Shit even Romo wasn't a great runner he was just a great escape artist. Shows that it doesn't take great athleticism to do what he did.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Sure he's lost some now, but when he was Dak's age he was probably a better athlete.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think that stands to reason. Plenty of statues don't get sacked a lot. In fact I bet if you looked at it mobile quarterbacks get sacked more often. To me, it's much more important to read the defense quickly and/or have a quick release. Mobility is nice but it's way overrated nowadays.
Correct.

Newt

DCC 4Life
He's a white ginger. Those guys just have to be an immobile statue, right?
Not entirely true, he could float in the pocket considering he has no soul.....

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
If hes using his weapons better, getting the ball out and protecting the ball better, who cares.

He might take some sacks sure, but as long as he secures the ball and dont let sacks bother him, he ll his guy. he seems to use Gallup way more than Dak, so lets see what Andy does. he knows how to win, hes been on the losing end and winning end. For him its not just one play, he doesnt let one play bother him. Get out, get the yards, read the defense, know your weapons, hit them, get what you can.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I was watching Shango's latest video and he mentioned that an argument can be made that the Cowboys still have the best QB in the division. After stopping and thinking about it, I kind of agree.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I was watching Shango's latest video and he mentioned that an argument can be made that the Cowboys still have the best QB in the division. After stopping and thinking about it, I kind of agree.
Same.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, I mean at worst it's Wentz (2020 version at least) by a hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom