2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I’ll give Dalton credit for finding Gallup for two huge catches in limited action. Seemed he became forgotten a bit with Dak.
Definitely need more sample size but I think Dalton may get thru his reads faster than Dak

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ll give Dalton credit for finding Gallup for two huge catches in limited action. Seemed he became forgotten a bit with Dak.
They were two massive catches but we were in a position where we had to sort of take those shots. Dak has done similar stuff when his back is against the wall. But when Lamb is shredding the defense up there are only so many balls to go around.

In fairness Dak had us ready to go up by 8 when he got hurt.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
In conjunction with the injury, Dalton has a shot to drive Daks price waaay down.

Not the classiest thing to say, but I root for the ship, not it’s captain.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In conjunction with the injury, Dalton has a shot to drive Daks price waaay down.

Not the classiest thing to say, but I root for the ship, not it’s captain.
I think Dalton is going to earn himself a pay day somewhere. Guy is still onpy 32. Hell I think he'd be better than Phillip Rivers for example. I think there are a number of NFL teams that could win with Dalton. Just don't think this team is built that way.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I think Dalton is going to earn himself a pay day somewhere. Guy is still onpy 32. Hell I think he'd be better than Phillip Rivers for example. I think there are a number of NFL teams that could win with Dalton. Just don't think this team is built that way.
Hopefully we can get a good compensatory pick...

data

Forbes #1
Will Andy Dalton at the helm be good, bad or neutral for Zekes rushing production?

On one hand, you’d think we’d give Zeke more rushes. On the other hand, more men in box on defense.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Our DT rotation should be Poe/Woods/Crawford in base packages with Gallimore only rotating in on clear pass-rushing downs, and used very sparingly in neutral down/distances.

He wasn't great against the run in college and mostly shined with his burst/athleticism when able to rush the passer, so there's no reason to ask him to do much more than that early on when you can just sit two fat guys in Poe/Woods down there to hopefully handle the run on 1st/10, 2nd/5 and so on.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The point is it's one. One.

And the percentages count the same?
The real point is, he immediately produced when he got on the field, unlike many others before him. It’s not like there was fluff being written about him. They only reported the numbers of everyone that has seen the field. Nothing more. Would you have been happier if they just left him off? There is no point in complaining until he has a body of work to actually judge.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
sacks are gonna spike because he's pretty much a statue back there

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
sacks are gonna spike because he's pretty much a statue back there
I don't think that stands to reason. Plenty of statues don't get sacked a lot. In fact I bet if you looked at it mobile quarterbacks get sacked more often. To me, it's much more important to read the defense quickly and/or have a quick release. Mobility is nice but it's way overrated nowadays.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I don't think that stands to reason. Plenty of statues don't get sacked a lot. In fact I bet if you looked at it mobile quarterbacks get sacked more often. To me, it's much more important to read the defense quickly and/or have a quick release. Mobility is nice but it's way overrated nowadays.
immobility + patchwork o-line = trouble

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's about feeling the rush and getting the off. Good QBs tend to get the ball off wven if it looks like a bad throw in the dirt to a guy covered. It's an internal clock. What you will see is less plays extended where Dak hits a guy after scrambling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom