2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
Russell and Trubisky were thought of as first rounders, though. Even high first rounders. Are we talking over drafted, or just first round busts? Because then that would include Jeff George, Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, etc...
Overdrafted.

I could be wrong, but I thought Russell and Trubisky were not thought of Top 10. 1st rounders, sure, but no way Top 5, let alone #1 for Russell.

Did anyone applaud the Raiders or Bears for drafting them at that slot?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Overdrafted.

I could be wrong, but I thought Russell and Trubisky were not thought of Top 10. 1st rounders, sure, but no way Top 5, let alone #1 for Russell.

Did anyone applaud the Raiders or Bears for drafting them at that slot?
I can't remember for Russell, but everyone figured the Bears were taking Trubisky with their #3 pick. What had people scratching their heads was when they traded up one spot to #2 to take him, since the 9ers weren't taking a QB because they already had Garrapolo.

data

Forbes #1
I can't remember for Russell, but everyone figured the Bears were taking Trubisky with their #3 pick. What had people scratching their heads was when they traded up one spot to #2 to take him, since the 9ers weren't taking a QB because they already had Garrapolo.
That rings a bell. Although, I recall Trubisky being way overdrafted because it was a weak QB draft. Would’ve been mid 1st grade in any other draft.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Aside from Jamarcus Russell and Mitch Trubisky, who were the most ridiculously overdrafted 1st round QB selections:
  • Rex Grossman #22
  • Jake Locker #8
  • Tebow #25
  • Brandon Weeden #22
  • EJ Manuel #16
  • JP Losman #22
  • Christian Ponder #12
Even though they busted, Manziel and Brady Quinn were legit 1st rounders, Vince Young was a legit Top 10, Blaine Gabbert Josh Rosen were legit Top 15, etc
Trubisky was way more legit as a top 10 QB than any other of those guys you listed as first rounders were.

#2OA seems too high given Watson but frankly Trubisky is in a bad situation. He has talent. He has made a Pro Bowl.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That rings a bell. Although, I recall Trubisky being way overdrafted because it was a weak QB draft. Would’ve been mid 1st grade in any other draft.
Trubisky was in the same first round as Watson and Mahomes, no? That wasn’t a weak first round for QBs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Trubisky was really good his junior year at Carolina.

He went high on projection, but, as a hypothetical, if the Bears were to trade him to the Pats as a reclamation project, for example, I expect he would be quite fucking good. The Bears are an offensive ass disaster and have been for decades.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Also mark your calendars: Sam Howell will be a top 10 pick in the 2022 NFL draft.

data

Forbes #1
Trubisky was in the same first round as Watson and Mahomes, no? That wasn’t a weak first round for QBs.
You gonna make me look shit up now.
Fuck!!! Pwnd.

Redirect - I personally didn’t buy into Trubisky, skewing my recollection of his scouting grade, but strike him from this list of overdrafted.

I’m thinking it’s becayse he was the only traditional pro-style prospect. Mahomes was doubted for his Red Raider O and Watson was the scrambler-type

Crazy to see how this has panned out. Almost like Emmitt Smith when Blair Thomas was drafted #2

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Also mark your calendars: Sam Howell will be a top 10 pick in the 2022 NFL draft.
With having Mack there now I wouldn't be surprised

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Even Ryan Leaf was a legit Top 5
Until the psych interview revealed him to be completely undraftable.

The interview Beathard commissioned after trading a crapload of picks to move up one spot from 3 to 2.

Beathard read the report, sighed, and drafted that fucker anyway because he’d already made the trade.

Hope is one evil bitch

data

Forbes #1
Until the psych interview revealed him to be completely undraftable.

The interview Beathard commissioned after trading a crapload of picks to move up one spot from 3 to 2.

Beathard read the report, sighed, and drafted that fucker anyway because he’d already made the trade.

Hope is one evil bitch
You got a link?

This is all I found and it refers to Beathard being in on the ruse, assuming this Mora interview is the same as the psych interview.

Regardless, pretty interesting to read the little secrets that spill years later.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Aside from Jamarcus Russell and Mitch Trubisky, who were the most ridiculously overdrafted 1st round QB selections:
  • Rex Grossman #22
  • Jake Locker #8
  • Tebow #25
  • Brandon Weeden #22
  • EJ Manuel #16
  • JP Losman #22
  • Christian Ponder #12
Even though they busted, Manziel and Brady Quinn were legit 1st rounders, Vince Young was a legit Top 10, Blaine Gabbert Josh Rosen were legit Top 15, etc
I remember being shocked when locker was taken.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't think Dak is that great, but it's crazy to think the team might dump him altogether. No team does that with a young, even 8-12 type QB. They're just too hard to find and you don't know if you can find one better.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think Dak is that great, but it's crazy to think the team might dump him altogether. No team does that with a young, even 8-12 type QB. They're just too hard to find and you don't know if you can find one better.
Dak isn't going anywhere. You can Bradie Bottle Lock that shit.

data

Forbes #1
Ezekiel Elliott had zero 40+ yard runs and only four 20+ yard runs, lowest amount for any RB over 1,000 yards rushing and ranked #24 overall.

Watching this highlight film, though, how could Zeke have busted any of these runs?

Practically none of these runs are Zeke being tackled by the last defender. Seems like there are 15 defenders on the field and he’s always getting tackled in a crowd.

Is it the OL’s fault for not getting to the second level? WRs not sustaining blocks on DBs? Zeke too slow, not elusive enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom