2020 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd prefer a 4 year contract in the first place, I think they're idiots for trying to push it to 5.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I prefer the franchise tag. I find it hard to believe McCarthy wants to be tied to a guy for four or five years without knowing what he has yet.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Fact is, you don’t need an all-timer to get to the Super Bowl. Is Dak good enough to get there? Yes.

The question is if the team around Dak good enough to get us to the Super Bowl? Likewise, is Dak good enough to take this team, not as good as 85 Bears or 00 Ravens, to the Super Bowl?

I think our best comparison in terms of QB quality and surrounding team quality is Matt Ryan, Falcons.
I think this was touched on yesterday. If McCarthy can get improvement from the rest of the team then that would make Dak better. But even if he didn’t get better an improvement on the rest of the team would make Dallas a team that could compete with the entire league.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm allowing for the existence of first and second round busts. The ones who do not bust, however, have a better track record than fourth rounders who don't bust. Does Dak have a better chance of taking us to the SB than first rounder Trubisky? Yes, but in all likelihood, he won't be facing Trubisky (or a facsimile thereof).

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I prefer the franchise tag. I find it hard to believe McCarthy wants to be tied to a guy for four or five years without knowing what he has yet.
So why didn't McCarthy pick a team with a clean slate at Qb, then?

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
no NFL free agent did much shittier with his second team? the Bucs had loads of great film of Alvin Harper, right?
So why did you say this then?

There's only so much you can glean from film. And if film never lied, no first round draft prospect would ever bust.
You seem to be making a real effort to project Dak as some 'unknown commodity' when nothing is further from the truth.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
There's no contradiction. Film lied about Harper and it occasionally lies about premiere college prospects. Dak was not signed long-term when McCarthy took the job. All he knows about Dak is that he's a good, not great, QB in the 10 to 15 range. And McCarthy has only succeeded with greats.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
There's no contradiction. Film lied about Harper and it occasionally lies about premiere college prospects. Dak was not signed long-term when McCarthy took the job. All he knows about Dak is that he's a good, not great, QB in the 10 to 15 range. And McCarthy has only succeeded with greats.
Maybe, like me, he sees that since he's entered the league, Dak's numbers are on par or better than the last quarterback that McCarthy had?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm guessing McCarthy and the Cowboys view Dak as better than 10-15th best QB in the NFL. They wouldn't offer 35 mil per year for that.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm guessing McCarthy and the Cowboys view Dak as better than 10-15th best QB in the NFL. They wouldn't offer 35 mil per year for that.
No, this is Jerry falling in love again and not wanting to do the hard work of finding a franchise QB before he croaks.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
There's only so much you can glean from film. And if film never lied, no first round draft prospect would ever bust.
Yeah, because the film they have on them before they are drafted shows how they'll play against higher competition and with the faster speed of the NFL.

If they could only bring the defenses they played against in college...

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
No, this is Jerry falling in love again and not wanting to do the hard work of finding a franshise QB before he croaks.
Would you want him to?

The last time out, they wanted Paxton Lynch and Connor Cook and 'settled' for Prescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom