2020 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I am pretty certain they will take a guy like Terrell. If they are even thinking about him, they better bail on 17. I think Chaisson won't be the choice. Everyone seems to think he will be. Would not shock me if Murray is also at the top of their list.
Yea, I'm just hoping he's a back up to the back up plan.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Oh, for sure. I'm just surprised they aren't together in person. You could even set everyone up 10 feet away if you wanted to. And it would be easy to test everyone first.

Does make you wonder what happens if technical glitches occur. Their pre-draft media virtual PC the other day was a cluster of tech problems.
"Tech problems" = 32 grandpas trying to make the magic video box work while forgetting how a mute button works.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What do you think about Murray?
I don't hate him, but I don't love him either. I just don't think he is that special. Nor is he a player that would make us better right away, unless they are completely lying about Vander Esch's neck exploding.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't hate him, but I don't love him either. I just don't think he is that special. Nor is he a player that would make us better right away, unless they are completely lying about Vander Esch's neck exploding.
From the comments about a DPS from the front office, I can't see them taking an off the ball LBer in the first.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
"Tech problems" = 32 grandpas trying to make the magic video box work while forgetting how a mute button works.
I don't think all teams have the grandpa trying to make the computer work thing going on.

Some places run by guys like Gettleman, Belichick, Marty Hurney and Kevin Colbert, yeah.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From the comments about a DPS from the front office, I can't see them taking an off the ball LBer in the first.
Well, since it is inevitable about Terrell..of course.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah... Jerry is just gonna go rogue and do whatever he wants without any input from others. Come on, now. They'll be in 100% communication, no different than any other draft other than they all won't be sitting together.
I don't think I agree.

Remember Stephen Jones and Jerry at the very least had a face to face argument in 2014, whether or not he actually ripped the card out of his hand.

If no one was physically in Jerry's way, he almost certainly turns in the card for Manziel.

Being in communication is definitely different than all being in the same room.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't think I agree.

Remember Stephen Jones and Jerry at the very least had a face to face argument in 2014, whether or not he actually ripped the card out of his hand.

If no one was physically in Jerry's way, he almost certainly turns in the card for Manziel.

Being in communication is definitely different than all being in the same room.
Do I think Jerry made a case for Manziel? Sure. But I don't believe that we were nearly as close to Jerry rushing the pick in and being stopped at the last second as they like to portray. Playing up the theatrics and drama for attention is a Jones trait that we've seen for a long time now. I don't think this was any different.

They'd actually fit in really well on this board. :lol

p1_

DCC 4Life
Do I think Jerry made a case for Manziel? Sure. But I don't believe that we were nearly as close to Jerry rushing the pick in and being stopped at the last second as they like to portray. Playing up the theatrics and drama for attention is a Jones trait that we've seen for a long time now. I don't think this was any different.

They'd actually fit in really well on this board. :lol
im surprised none of the younger Jones havent found their way here, actually

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
This is literally the best time. All things are possible. There is hope.

After we take Logan Wilson tonight, there will be less.

After Saturday, there will just be anger, disappointment, and a sports desert.

Enjoy this moment.

Cotton

Staff member
Man, I love the draft so damn much. Or at least I used to. I am hoping to rekindle some of that love starting today. I haven't studied the players near as much the last few years because Goodell has ruined the draft for me. Over the last 2 months I have studied the players more than I have in the last 3 years combined. I am ready for this. God damn, I am pumped.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Man, I love the draft so damn much. Or at least I used to. I am hoping to rekindle some of that love starting today. I haven't studied the players near as much the last few years because Goodell has ruined the draft for me. Over the last 2 months I have studied the players more than I have in the last 3 years combined. I am ready for this. God damn, I am pumped.
Same here. And I'm looking forward to a draft with a lot less fluff and bullshit.

Cotton

Staff member
Same here. And I'm looking forward to a draft with a lot less fluff and bullshit.
It's going to be weird not being able to see a war room, but every single thing else about it that will not happen this year is welcomed by me.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
It's going to be weird not being able to see a war room, but every single thing else about it that will not happen this year is welcomed by me.
Likewise my friend.

I want more of a focus on football and the players rather than fluff pieces and dogs announcing draft picks. The way it used to be.

(yeah, I sound old!)

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
The more and more I watch games and read up on the players, the more I think I would rather have Chaisson than Kinlaw. Kinlaw's injuries scare me a lot.

Top Bottom