2020 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What I hear on Dolphins QB situation, FWIW:
They think Burrow is Joe Montana.
As much as you hate to compare any rookie to maybe the best ever... that's who he reminds me of, too. :unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kinlaw will fall to us.

And we will pass.
Let's play a little game. Everyone post your bold takes. Make a prediction on what we might or might not do.

I predict we go DB at 17. McKinney, Jefferson, Henderson, or Fulton.

Cotton

Staff member

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Holy shit, just got an alert that Jerry Jones will be alone at his house making the picks during the draft.

Yeah, there's no way this could go south.

No Stephen, no McCarthy, no McClay, no scouts?

We're taking Johnny Manziel for sure.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Good, McGovern I think is a really good prosoect.
Same here.

What interested me about that was the possibility of trying Williams at C. Has that been talked about much? Seems like a natural for a guy who is quick enough but not quite big-bodied enough for G.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Holy shit, just got an alert that Jerry Jones will be alone at his house making the picks during the draft.

I thought the same. Wonder why they're doing this? Surely they could all get tested and I'm sure would be negative. Did the NFL mandate this for optics? They want to show the world that they're social distancing?

Stephen might actually be making the picks for all we know, but this just seems odd.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Hey don't be scared. They tested the technology and everything worked until they tried to test trading.

Cotton

Staff member
I thought the same. Wonder why they're doing this? Surely they could all get tested and I'm sure would be negative. Did the NFL mandate this for optics? They want to show the world that they're social distancing?

Stephen might actually be making the picks for all we know, but this just seems odd.
I'm quite sure McClay, McCarthy and Stephen will be conferenced in.

Cotton

Staff member

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm quite sure McClay, McCarthy and Stephen will be conferenced in.
Oh, for sure. I'm just surprised they aren't together in person. You could even set everyone up 10 feet away if you wanted to. And it would be easy to test everyone first.

Does make you wonder what happens if technical glitches occur. Their pre-draft media virtual PC the other day was a cluster of tech problems.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I literally don't give a fuck what we do tonight as long as we don't take a CB at 17, or earlier presumably.
I am pretty certain they will take a guy like Terrell. If they are even thinking about him, they better bail on 17. I think Chaisson won't be the choice. Everyone seems to think he will be. Would not shock me if Murray is also at the top of their list.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Let's play a little game. Everyone post your bold takes. Make a prediction on what we might or might not do.

I predict we go DB at 17. McKinney, Jefferson, Henderson, or Fulton.
Terrell. Just watch.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Yeah... Jerry is just gonna go rogue and do whatever he wants without any input from others. Come on, now. They'll be in 100% communication, no different than any other draft other than they all won't be sitting together.

GShock

DCC 4Life

Johnny Walker Blue will be making the picks tonight.

Top Bottom