2020 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's finally here! And, this year, not only will it feel much more like it used to, but we also have a new coaching staff and a new era for this team. I am here for all of it.

LETS GO!!! :towel:towel:towel

GShock

DCC 4Life
This is literally the best time. All things are possible. There is hope.

After we take Logan Wilson tonight, there will be less.

After Saturday, there will just be anger, disappointment, and a sports desert.

Enjoy this moment.

Cotton

Staff member
This is literally the best time. All things are possible. There is hope.

After we take Logan Wilson tonight, there will be less.

After Saturday, there will just be anger, disappointment, and a sports desert.

Enjoy this moment.
I don't think I like you very much right now.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 23, 2020, 9:30 AM EDT

When the Cowboys’ football staff is gathered together in one draft room, owner and General Manager Jerry Jones has final say — but sometimes Jones would get talked out of making a splashy move, most famously when his son Stephen Jones convinced him to draft guard Zack Martin instead of quarterback Johnny Manziel.

This year, Jones will make the Cowboys’ pick from his home, with no one else around. Which means no one will be there to physically restrain him, if it comes to that. And Jones joked that in the past, it would come to that.

“One of the things I’m not going to miss is when I came out of those draft rooms over the weekend, my old shins used to have big old bruises on them,” Jones said. “That was from Stephen kicking me under the table for three straight days relative to some of our decision-making. I know that we have a serious conference here, but I think I’m going to kind of miss that physical punching that goes on. I told him one time, I asked him where he got his strength when he was 16 years old, he had his uncle down, about to kill him, choked him. He was a big boy, that uncle. And I said, ‘I don’t feel that when I’m rasslin with you.’ He said, ‘Well, you don’t squeeze your daddy as hard as you can.’ The point is, I’m going to miss a little of that punching around at the table as we’re conducting this draft.”

Jones says he doesn’t expect any technical difficulties when communicating with the league office or with other teams on trades.

“I’m very comfortable that the technical capability is very much here,” Jones said.

When it’s time for the Cowboys to make the call, it will be Jerry and Jerry alone making it.

If that doesn’tscare the hell out of you as a fan, not much will.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
This could work out very nicely for us. If the Dolphins don't go QB at 5, thinking they can get Love at 18... Suddenly 17 becomes much more valuable to someone who might want to hop in front of them.
That's a very good point. Could the Pats be a possible trade partner at 23?

Top Bottom