2020 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

data

Forbes #1
he’s already the Mayor of Sack Lake City
If he produces, man, the T-shirts, crowd chants he could market with a slogan like Sack Lake City.

Suplex City has been a winner with WWF crowds for Brock Lesnar

• Props
Reactions: p1_

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jerry thinking about the marketing side of the house. He can sell Lamb as the next great 88 in Dallas.

I wonder why the Cowboys only push the jersey number agenda on WRs. After Drew Pearson it seems like every notable WR the Cowboys drafted wore 88....Antonio Bryant, Dez Bryant, Michael Irvin.

You don't see them doing that with other positions like QB and RB.

As for Lamb, I hope he wears 10 and creates his own legacy. I'm all for tradition but I think one of the Cowboys and their fans problem is they live in the past too much. How about creating some new traditions for a change.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The more I have thought about this the more my Spidey Sense tingles.

Anyone think that #YachtJerry tricked the Falcons into thinking they were all over A.J. Terrell just to push Lamb down to us?

I certainly heard more about Diggs than Terrell in terms of real interest.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I wonder why the Cowboys only push the jersey number agenda on WRs. After Drew Pearson it seems like every notable WR the Cowboys drafted wore 88....Antonio Bryant, Dez Bryant, Michael Irvin.
I think it stems from the old rule that WRs used to only be allowed to wear numbers in the 80s. QBs could wear 1-19, RBs could wear 20-40. They could take 8, 22, 12, etc out of circulation because there are still plenty of numbers to go around.

When WRs could only wear in the 80s, and you had to have 5 or 6 on your roster, plus two or 3 TEs usually in the 80s, you pretty much can't take a number in the 80s out of circulation. So instead, we created this 88 tradition where we tried to pass it on from star player to star player.

Pearson, Irvin, Dez, Antonio Bryant, Jackie Harris. :unsure

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The more I have thought about this the more my Spidey Sense tingles.

Anyone think that #YachtJerry tricked the Falcons into thinking they were all over A.J. Terrell just to push Lamb down to us?

I certainly heard more about Diggs than Terrell in terms of real interest.
That would be first time in the history of him owning the team where he tricked another team into doing something.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That would be first time in the history of him owning the team where he tricked another team into doing something.
Yeah, the report they put out at the end of each year where it tells us exactly what happened in all of the closed door meetings and phone calls is really an eye opener.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
About time considering teams seem to always jump in front of us to take the guy we were going to take. Almost like we tipped our hand in some matter.

It's sort of interesting. I saw the other day a special that sort of showed how this stuff happens. I guess NFL teams call players a few picks before they pick them sometimes. The Pats knew another team was on a phone with a guy and then used that information to jump that pick and take him instead.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Jerry thinking about the marketing side of the house. He can sell Lamb as the next great 88 in Dallas.

And it's even worse in this case because Jerry was buddies with that Lamb guy from his Arkansas team that wore #88.

But Jerry should realize that these kids don't want 80s numbers anymore. The lower numbers are the cool ones now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And it's even worse in this case because Jerry was buddies with that Lamb guy from his Arkansas team that wore #88.

But Jerry should realize that these kids don't want 80s numbers anymore. The lower numbers are the cool ones now.
I still like 80s numbers best for WRs. But I think maybe 88 can sit without a reciever for a bit. When you keep giving it out it sort of loses meaning. But there are other 80s numbers that would be great.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I've always like 81 for a receiver.

Need to be careful handing out 88, Lamb may be special, but its ok to have a different number.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I was hoping that Lamb asked for #12 just so I could watch idiots' heads explode.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom