2020 Draft Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's to be expected when you have guys like Gallup and Cooper on the outside. The Bills didn't have nearly the same weapons for Beasley to compete for looks for. Catches are a very overrated statistic. Really almost a meaningless stat.
You have to have the number of catches stat to make sense of any other receiving stat.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But you have to have the total throws and receptions to quantify this number.
Yeah Cobb only had 83 targets and produced more yards then Beasley who had 106 targets this year. Again, I'll take Cobb and a fifth round pick.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah Cobb only had 83 targets and produced more yards then Beasley who had 106 targets this year. Again, I'll take Cobb and a fifth round pick.
That’s fine I would too but I was addressing your response that indicated total receptions is an unnecessary stat. It is necessary in order to quantify the rest of the stats.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So we all know Dallas has an affinity for corners. God forbid we draft one I think I like Paulson Adebo. The guy picked off 8 balls over the last two years and has length and athleticism. He also has a ton of passes defensed. Like 28 over the last two years. So his instincts and hands are all there.

I don't want a corner high in this draft but if we take one I really like this guy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So we all know Dallas has an affinity for corners. God forbid we draft one I think I like Paulson Adebo. The guy picked off 8 balls over the last two years and has length and athleticism. He also has a ton of passes defensed. Like 28 over the last two years. So his instincts and hands are all there.

I don't want a corner high in this draft but if we take one I really like this guy.
Your timing is impeccably bad.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If/when we don't win the division here's the list (in no order):

Derrick Brown
Javon Kinlaw
Grant Delpit
Isaiah Simmons

That's it.
I'd add Epenesa to this list, backup options if all 5 are gone are Chaisson, Weaver and I guess a CB like Fulton.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd add Epenesa to this list, backup options if all 5 are gone are Chaisson, Weaver and I guess a CB like Fulton.
I agree. I hate to say it but I kind of like the Boise State pass rusher. Seems like we have done this a couple times before.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another guy I like who probably isn't a fit in the first round but who is a DT is James Lynch. Had 13.5 sacks and is about 295 pounds. Was the best defensive player in the Big 12. I think he could definitely be a 3 tech type or a 3-4 DE.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
By Dane Brugler 4h ago

This year’s NFL Draft will have no shortage of storylines, but quarterbacks always command the headlines. And this year’s class of signal-callers presents plenty of intrigue.

While not set in stone, LSU’s Joe Burrow is the clear favorite to be drafted No. 1 by the Bengals. But after that, there are more questions than answers regarding the other quarterback prospects and where they might land.

Is Tua Tagovailoa healthy? And if so, is there a team looking to leapfrog the Dolphins at No. 5 to get him?

Can Justin Herbert convince a team he is worthy of a top-10 pick?

Will any other quarterbacks go in the first round, possibly to a team looking for that fifth-year option?

If the NFL Draft happened tomorrow, here is how the first two rounds could play out.

Note: The first 28 picks in each round are official. The playoff results in the conference championship games and Super Bowl will determine the final four spots in the draft order.

1. Cincinnati Bengals — Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
Burrow completed his storybook senior year by winning the national championship, capping arguably the best single-season for a quarterback in college football history. Could Tagovailoa push for consideration here? Anything is possible, but Burrow’s body of work this season makes him the no-brainer choice for Cincinnati.

2. Washington Redskins — Chase Young, Edge, Ohio State
Assuming Burrow goes No. 1, the Redskins will face an interesting scenario if the trade offers start pouring in from quarterback-desperate teams who feel comfortable with Tagovailoa’s medicals. While a package of picks would be attractive, Young is staring them right in the face. And seeing how Nick Bosa has influenced the 49ers’ defense in 2019, no one should blame them for taking the stud rusher.

3. Detroit Lions — Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State
If the first two picks are chalk with Burrow and Young, the third pick is prime real estate and the most likely spot for a trade if Tagovailoa is healthy. But if the Lions stay put, Okudah is a big-time talent at one of the most important positions, especially for the Lions. It would mark the first time since 2000 that the first two defensive players drafted were from the same school.

4. New York Giants — Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
The Giants missed out on a chance to draft Young at No. 2 with their Week 16 win against the Redskins, but they are still in a great position at No. 4. Last year’s top-10 pick, Daniel Jones, had a promising rookie campaign at quarterback, but New York must invest in protection to aid his development in Year 2. New head coach (and former Alabama assistant) Joe Judge will receive plenty of intel from his friends in Tuscaloosa on Wills, my top-ranked tackle in the draft.

5. Miami Dolphins — Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
Over the last four years, 10 quarterbacks have been drafted in the top 10, and seven of those draft picks were acquired via trade. History suggests the Dolphins would have to move up to secure the services of Tagovailoa if he is their target. Based on talent, he is a top-five draft pick, but it all comes down to the medical feedback and each team’s appetite for risk.

6. Los Angeles Chargers — Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
If the Chargers elect to bring Philip Rivers back in 2020, upgrading the offensive line might be the priority. But with Rivers turning 39 in December, the Chargers need to formulate a long-term plan at quarterback and Herbert offers plenty of appealing traits.

7. Carolina Panthers — Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
The Panthers weren’t just below average versus the run in 2019, they were historically bad, leading the league with 31 rushing touchdowns and 5.2 yards per carry allowed. And with Gerald McCoy and Vernon Butler set to hit free agency, defensive tackle is a strong need. Brown has the talent and character that would fit perfectly with Matt Rhule and what he is looking to build in Carolina.

8. Arizona Cardinals — Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
Investing in the offensive line is always a smart strategy if the talent warrants the selection and Wirfs certainly does with his big-man twitch and ability to stay balanced at contact. Kyler Murray steadily progressed as a rookie and to keep that development going, upgrading the offensive line would be a wise move.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars — Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
The Jaguars were the only team to allow six runs of 40-plus yards in 2019, struggling to limit chunk plays and get off the field on third down. Simmons is a versatile playmaker and true four-down player with his ability to blitz, stop the run and cover in the slot. He would be an immediate upgrade at linebacker for Jacksonville.

10. Cleveland Browns — Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Part of the reason for Baker Mayfield’s sophomore struggles stemmed from his lack of confidence in the Browns’ protection, specifically outside at offensive tackle. Thomas needs to eliminate some bad habits and stay off the ground, but he has shock absorbers for hands and gets the job done with his lower body, projecting as a starter early in his career.

11. New York Jets — Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
Sitting just outside the top 10, the Jets will be sweating in the war room if their target is an offensive tackle. The fourth tackle off the board in this scenario, Becton has some sloppy tendencies, but at 6-foot-7 and 365 pounds, he moves like a much lighter blocker and looks to impose his will in the run game, moving and burying defenders into the ground.

12. Las Vegas Raiders — CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
In a wide receiver-rich class, the playmaker-needy Raiders could be sitting at No. 12 with their choice of all of them. Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock could just as easily fall in love with Jerry Jeudy or a different wideout, but Lamb’s ball skills and football instincts will be attractive.

13. Indianapolis Colts — Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
The Colts are missing a big-play element in their offense, having produced only three 40-plus-yard receptions in 2019, which ranked next-to-last behind only the Chicago Bears. Part of the blame rests with the quarterback, but adding a talent like Jeudy would certainly help whoever is under center.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — A.J. Epenesa, Edge, Iowa
Tampa Bay wisely appears motivated to bring back impending free agent Shaquil Barrett, but that shouldn’t stop the Buccaneers from continuing to upgrade in the front-seven. Unlike Barrett, Epenesa doesn’t have great get-off, but that isn’t the only way to be a productive pass rusher in the NFL. His heavy hands, rush savvy and relentless effort creates paths to the quarterback.

15. Denver Broncos — Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama
The Broncos have a budding No. 1 wideout in Courtland Sutton, but adding more speed opposite him would help open the offense. Ruggs has world-class speed and his ability to shift gears puts cornerbacks in a blender, creating passing windows downfield.

16. Atlanta Falcons — Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
The Falcons ranked near the bottom of the league in sacks and pressure production in 2019 and need to upgrade the defensive line this offseason. Although still raw in areas, Kinlaw is a freaky talent with the quick-twitch, natural power and relentless effort that could easily land him in the top-10.

17. Dallas Cowboys — Grant Delpit, FS, LSU
The Cowboys have neglected to upgrade their safeties for years, but there is a decent chance that the first player at the position will be drafted by the Cowboys. Delpit was an up-and-down performer in 2019 (in coverage and in run support), but his awareness and range are traits worth betting on.

18. Miami Dolphins (via PIT) — K’Lavon Chaisson, Edge, LSU
The Dolphins were the worst team this season at getting after the quarterback. Chaisson needs to continue and get stronger, but his initial burst and edge speed are tremendous, showing the easy body flexibility to bend the corner and flatten to the quarterback.

19. Las Vegas Raiders (via CHI) — Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma
The Raiders make it an all-Sooners first round in this scenario, landing a playmaker on offense in Lamb and defense in Murray. Although he must improve his strike zone and add a dash more discipline to his playing style, Murray shows the field speed and competitive make-up that could see him drafted this high.

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (via LAR) — Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama
With one of the draft picks they received from the Rams in the Jalen Ramsey trade, the Jaguars try to fill the void he left at corner. Diggs isn’t the most refined player in coverage, but the traits are near-elite for the position with awesome size (6-foot-2, 200 pounds) and speed (4.42 seconds in the 40-yard dash), displaying the ball skills of a former wide receiver.

21. Philadelphia Eagles — Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
The Eagles’ secondary was depleted this season and it shouldn’t take very long for Fulton to grow into their top cornerback. Although he must become more consistent with his tackling and finishing skills, he has the instincts, footwork and toughness to play the position at a high level.

22. Buffalo Bills — Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
While there is pass-catching talent on the Bills, their top three wide receivers in 2019 were all under 5-foot-10 (John Brown, Cole Beasley, Isaiah McKenzie). Giving quarterback Josh Allen a tall, rangy target with a tremendous catch radius like Higgins should only help his development as a passer.

New England might be in position to draft an eventual successor to Tom Brady in Utah State’s Jordan Love. (Joe Camporeale / USA Today)
23. New England Patriots — Jordan Love, QB, Utah State
While many expect Tom Brady to return to the Patriots, New England might be in position to draft his eventual successor. Love lacks consistency with his decision-making, but his loose passing skills and natural downfield touch are the types of traits worth developing.

24. New Orleans Saints — Xavier McKinney, SS, Alabama
With Vonn Bell set to hit free agency, the Saints could be in the market for a new starting strong safety. And if they elect to keep Chauncey Gardner-Johnson at slot cornerback, McKinney would be a great fit in Dennis Allen’s scheme.

25. Minnesota Vikings — Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
The 49ers’ front seven shredded the Vikings’ offensive line in Saturday’s divisional-round playoff victory, finishing with six sacks. If Minnesota elects to move Riley Reiff inside to guard, offensive tackle shoots to the top of the Vikings’ wish list. Wilson has the natural talent that has created buzz in the scouting community.

26. Miami Dolphins (via HOU) — J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State
A running back in the first round is a luxury, but the Dolphins were abysmal in the running game this season, averaging only 72.2 rushing yards per game and 3.3 yards per rush. Dobbins has the skills to be a three-down back and his vision and instincts are what set him apart from the other backs in this class.

27. Seattle Seahawks — CJ Henderson, CB, Florida
With Shaquill Griffin entering the final year of his rookie deal and Tre Flowers not performing like a starting-level player, cornerback is an area Seattle could look to upgrade in the draft. Although he wasn’t a playmaker in college, Henderson has the speed and length that will appeal to the Seahawks’ decision-makers.

28. Baltimore Ravens — Zack Baun, LB, Wisconsin
Baun’s unique skill set is an interesting fit in Don Martindale’s defense. He was a dynamic pass rusher at Wisconsin, finishing second behind Young in the Big Ten in sacks and tackles for loss. Baun projects best as an off-ball linebacker capable of covering in space or blitzing from various angles.

29. Tennessee Titans — Austin Jackson, OT, USC
The Titans chose not to pick up Jack Conklin’s fifth-year option, meaning Tennessee might be looking to replace its right tackle this offseason. Jackson is not a technically refined player right now, but he is a smooth-moving big man with the agile feet and flexible joints to hold his own on the edges.

30. Green Bay Packers — Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State
Davante Adams is a beast, but there are plenty of questions among Green Bay’s other wide receivers. Aiyuk has legit speed to create with the ball in his hands and his tape is the definition of a playmaker — the type of talent who can turn small plays into big plays.

31. Kansas City Chiefs — Terrell Lewis, Edge, Alabama
A flexible, long pass rusher, Lewis springs out of his stance with the explosive traits different than most Alabama rushers over the years. He needs to add more diversity to his rush plan, but he would immediately help the Chiefs’ lack of pass-rushing depth on the edges.

32. San Francisco 49ers — Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
While Richard Sherman continues to play at a Pro Bowl level, Ahkello Witherspoon has been a liability on the other side and slot corner K’Waun Williams will be a free agent this offseason. Gladney is a junkyard dog at cornerback, using his speed and toughness to beat up receivers.

Will Georgia QB Jake Fromm go in the second round? (Brett Davis / USA Today)
Round Two
33. Cincinnati Bengals — Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
34. Indianapolis Colts (via WAS) — Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma
35. Detroit Lions — D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
36. New York Giants — Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State
37. Los Angeles Chargers — Josh Jones, OT, Houston
38. Carolina Panthers — Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado
39. Miami Dolphins — Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn
40. Arizona Cardinals — Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson
41. Cleveland Browns — Ashtyn Davis, FS, Cal
42. Jacksonville Jaguars — Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
43. Chicago Bears (via LVR) — Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame
44. Indianapolis Colts — Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia
45. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
46. Denver Broncos — Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
47. Atlanta Falcons — Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin
48. New York Jets — Robert Hunt, Interior OL, Louisiana
49. Pittsburgh Steelers — Jonathan Greenard, Edge, Florida
50. Chicago Bears — Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama
51. Dallas Cowboys — Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M
52. Los Angeles Rams — Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise State
53. Philadelphia Eagles — KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State
54. Buffalo Bills — Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State
55. Atlanta Falcons (via NE) — Julian Okwara, Edge, Notre Dame
56. Miami Dolphins (via NO) — Lloyd Cushenberry, Interior OL, LSU
57. Houston Texans — A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
58. Minnesota Vikings — Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia
59. Seattle Seahawks — Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
60. Baltimore Ravens — Cesar Ruiz, Interior OL, Michigan
61. Tennessee Titans — Darrell Taylor, Edge, Tennessee
62. Green Bay Packers — Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State
63. Seattle Seahawks (via KC) — Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU
64. Kansas City Chiefs (via SF) — Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
12. Las Vegas Raiders — CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
In a wide receiver-rich class, the playmaker-needy Raiders could be sitting at No. 12 with their choice of all of them. Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock could just as easily fall in love with Jerry Jeudy or a different wideout, but Lamb’s ball skills and football instincts will be attractive.

13. Indianapolis Colts — Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
The Colts are missing a big-play element in their offense, having produced only three 40-plus-yard receptions in 2019, which ranked next-to-last behind only the Chicago Bears. Part of the blame rests with the quarterback, but adding a talent like Jeudy would certainly help whoever is under center.
I have a $20 bet with a co-worker on Ceedee Lamb being drafted before Jeudy.

So far it's looking good for me as I've seen quite a few mocks such as a this one listing Lamb before Jeudy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a $20 bet with a co-worker on Ceedee Lamb being drafted before Jeudy.

So far it's looking good for me as I've seen quite a few mocks such as a this one listing Lamb before Jeudy.
They are both studs.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
How does Thaddeus Moss project? I liked his style of play and we haven't figured out the TE position since Witten became irrelevant

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How does Thaddeus Moss project? I liked his style of play and we haven't figured out the TE position since Witten became irrelevant
He doesn't look as fast and as explosive as I would have imagined from the kid of Randy Moss. But he definitely can make a tough catch and produce near the goal line. I am curious what kind of NFL prospect he really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom