2020 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Love the Kinlaw pick, obviously, but hate the rounds 2-3 for us.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Dallas picks:

17. C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida
51. K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State
82. Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse
123. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

I think these four rounds combined would piss me off, but look like something stupid we would do.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Dallas picks:

17. C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida
51. K.J. Hamler, WR, Penn State
82. Alton Robinson, DE, Syracuse
123. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

I think these four rounds combined would piss me off, but look like something stupid we would do.
In a vacuum that's not a terrible draft, I don't love Henderson at 17 but it's ok, I like Hamler at 51 even if I have a few questions about his hands, and I absolutely love Biadasz in the 4th.

With that said, if you look at the entire mock you see guys like Reagor, McKinney and Winfield available in the 2nd and realize that I'd be completely pissed off if we passed up any of them at that point for Hamler.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In a vacuum that's not a terrible draft, I don't love Henderson at 17 but it's ok, I like Hamler at 51 even if I have a few questions about his hands, and I absolutely love Biadasz in the 4th.

With that said, if you look at the entire mock you see guys like Reagor, McKinney and Winfield available in the 2nd and realize that I'd be completely pissed off if we passed up any of them at that point for Hamler.
Robinson is an absolutely horrific pick at that stage. And given that, Biadsz makes it worse in terms of making the team appreciably better.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
FW Star Telegram:

Here is the Star-Telegram’s mock draft that also projects that three TCU players being selected in the first round for the first time since 1939:

1. Cincinnati Bengals (2-14)Joe Burrow, QB, LSU: They can start contract talks now. This has been a foregone conclusion for months. Burrow to the Bengals.

2. Washington Redskins (3-13) – Chase Young, DE, Ohio State: Washington continues to load up on Buckeyes and this one may be the best player in the draft.

3. Detroit Lions (3-12-1) – Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn: Matt Patricia continues to revamp the defense in Detroit with the draft’s best interior lineman.

4. New York Giants (4-12) – Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama: Giants got their franchise QB last year, now they get the left tackle to protect him for years to come.

5. Miami Dolphins (5-11) – Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama: Tanking for Tua has paid off. There are no questions about Tua’s talent, but the same can’t be said about his health.

6. Los Angeles Chargers (5-11) – Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon: The Chargers need a QB and Herbert is the best on left on the board. Don’t overthink it.

7. Carolina Panthers (5-11) – Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa: The Panthers look to upgrade their line and Wirfs would replace Russell Okung, who is on a one-year deal.

8. Arizona Cardinals (5-10-1) –Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina: Kinlaw can play all spots along the defensive line and will make an immediate impact.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-10) – CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma: Lamb is the first receiver taken in the draft and highest receiver ever drafted from Oklahoma.

10. Cleveland Browns (6-10) – Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State: The former South Grand Prairie star was born to play cornerback. Future All-Pro.

11. New York Jets (7-9) – Isaiah Simmons, LB/S, Clemson: The athletic and versatile defender is an absolute blur who can play all over field.

12. Las Vegas Raiders (7-9) – Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville: One of the stars of the combine. He ran the 40-yard dash in a blazing 5.1 seconds. Not bad at 364 pounds.

13. San Francisco 49ers (13-3) – Joshua Jones, OT, Houston: The former Indianapolis Colts’ pick will be used up front. (Jones will be 2020’s first pick from a Texas school.)

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9) – C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida: Dallas had hoped he would fall, but the position is too thin in the first round and he is too good to drop.

15. Denver Broncos (7-9) – Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama: The Broncos continue to revamp their offense with the fastest receiver in the draft.

16. Atlanta Falcons (7-9) – Lloyd Cushenberry, C, LSU: He fills a need for the Falcons. The 6-foot-3, 312-pound center will anchor the middle of the line for years to come.

17. Dallas Cowboys (8-8) – Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama: No way did Dallas see Jeudy falling to 17. He’s too good to pass up, even if K’Lavon Chaisson is still on the board.

18. Miami Dolphins (5-11) – Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia: The Dolphins got their QB, and with the Pittsburgh Steelers’ pick, they’ll get their left tackle. Ain’t hard, folks.

19. Las Vegas Raiders (7-9) – K’Lavon Chaisson, DE, LSU: The Raiders will use the Chicago Bears’ pick to select the second-best edge rusher in draft.

20. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-10) – A.J. Espinosa, DE, Iowa: Originally the LA Rams’ pick, the Jags will select a combine disappointment. But watch his tape. He can play.

21. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7) – Patrick Queen, LB, LSU: The Eagles add to an already stout front seven on defense.

22. Minnesota Vikings (10-6) – Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU: The Vikes will use the Buffalo Bills’ pick to replace Stefon Diggs. And this TCU star fits the bill perfectly.

23. New England Patriots (12-4) – Jordan Love, QB, Utah State: Talk about big shoes to fill. The Pats take a shot at Tom Brady’s replacement with the talented Love.

24. New Orleans Saints (13-3) – Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU: The addition of Jefferson to a receiving corps with Michael Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders? Solid move.

25. Minnesota Vikings (10-6) – Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU: The former TCU star fills a huge need for the Vikings, who lost Trae Waynes and Mackensie Alexander in free agency.

26. Miami Dolphins (5-11) – D’Andre Swift, RB, Georgia: Miami also needs help with its ground game, and the Houston Texans’ pick will help land the best RB in the draft.

27. Seattle Seahawks (11-5) – Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State: The Seahawks are looking for pass-rush help, especially if they don’t re-sign Jadeveon Clowney.

28. Baltimore Ravens (14-2) – Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma: The highly productive Murray lands in the perfect spot to continue the Ravens’ strong linebacker legacy.

29. Tennessee Titans (9-7) – Terrell Lewis, DE, Alabama: Pass-rush help is the need. The athletic Lewis is projected to improve after an injury-plagued college career.

30. Green Bay Packers (13-3) – Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor: The explosive Mims, who ran the 40 in 4.38 seconds, gives Aaron Rogers a real threat opposite Davante Adams.

31. San Francisco 49ers (13-3) – Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU: The third Horned Frog to go in the first round will help fill a big need as they must replace DeForest Buckner.

32. Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) – Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin: Imagine this high-octane offense with the explosive Taylor (4.39 combine 40) added to the mix. Uh-oh.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article241536776.html#storylink=cpy

Cotton

Staff member
2020 NFL draft tier rankings: Todd McShay's highest-graded prospects

6:30 AM CT

Todd McShay ESPN Senior Writer

Believe it or not, the 2020 NFL draft is only a little over three weeks away. Scouts and prospect evaluators are into the final stages of stacking their draft boards.

As rankings get some finishing touches, it's sometimes easier to compare players graded very close together by tiering them. Thanks to our Scouts Inc. draft grades, we can separate the top prospects into different groups to help predict where they will come off the board during the first three rounds of the draft.

Here are my draft tiers for 2020, covering all 99 prospects with a first-, second- or third-round grade, beginning with an elite pass-rusher in a tier all by himself.

Jump to a tier: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Position breakdown

Tier 1: Young all alone

Grades of 95 or higher. Elite prospects. Should be immediate NFL starters and project as perennial All-Pro players. Worthy of a top-five pick most years. I had two players in this tier in 2019.

1. Chase Young, DE, Ohio State (95)

Young is special off the edge and by far the top prospect in the class, regardless of position. His hand quickness and closing burst are outstanding, and he is the most physically gifted player on the board. That 95 grade puts him in the same class as elite pass-rushers of recent years, including Nick Bosa, Bradley Chubb and Myles Garrett. Though he is not yet as refined as Bosa was coming out of Ohio State, he has the potential to be even better than the No. 2 overall pick in 2019.

Tier 2: 10 prospects
Grades between 92 and 94. A notch below the elite class but still considered a plug-and-play NFL starter with high-level potential. Worthy of a top-15 pick most years. I had seven players in this tier in 2019.

2. Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (94)
3. Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (94)
4. Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama (94)
5. Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State (94)
6. Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson (94)
7. Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama (93)
8. Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa (93)
9. CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (92)
10. Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (92)
11. Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama (92)

We have our top two quarterbacks in the class sliding into this second tier. Burrow is likely the No. 1 pick in April, and he would bring his high-end pocket presence, toughness and accuracy to the NFL. Tagovailoa, meanwhile, comes with the injury and medical risk, but he has the talent to be a franchise quarterback for a team drafting early on Day 1.

But what really stands out about my second tier -- and just about every tier that follows, for that matter -- is the abundance of talented wide receivers. Marquise Brown was the only receiver in the top two tiers last year, but three make the board this time. Each brings something unique to the table: Jeudy is perhaps the most exceptional route runner I've ever seen coming out of college, Lamb is a yards-after-the-catch monster and Ruggs is a human torch, showing off his 4.27 speed in the 40-yard dash in February at the combine. If you're a team in need of a playmaking receiver, this is the year to find one.

Tier 3: 10 prospects

Grades between 90 and 91. Good NFL starters and are considered strong values in the bottom half of Round 1 in any given draft class. I had eight players in this tier in 2019.

12. Jedrick Wills Jr., OT, Alabama (91)
13. D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia (91)
14. Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama (91)
15. Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (91)
16. CJ Henderson, CB, Florida (91)
17. Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU (91)
18. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia (90)
19. Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State (90)
20. Patrick Queen, ILB, LSU (90)
21. Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU (90)

Where are all the edge rushers? After Young, there just isn't much out there in the pass-rush realm. There were at least four high-quality edge prospects in the top three tiers in 2019 (Bosa, Josh Allen, Rashan Gary and Montez Sweat), but at this point in 2020, we still haven't seen even two. Instead, we are treated to a couple of more impact receivers and powerful offensive tackles in Tier 3, along with our first running back. Swift is as explosive as they come and projects as a three-down back in the NFL.

One player I really like in this range is Kinlaw. He's an absolute physical specimen and will make any team's run defense and interior pass-rush more dynamic. Consider him a plug-and-play starter at the next level with the upside to be a true game-breaker.

Tier 4: 22 prospects
Grades between 85 and 89. Good future NFL starters. Second-round value. I had 28 players in this tier in 2019.

22. Jordan Love, QB, Utah State (89)
23. J.K. Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (89)
24. K'Lavon Chaisson, DE, LSU (89)
25. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (89)
26. A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa (89)
27. Kenneth Murray, ILB, Oklahoma (88)
28. Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (88)
29. Josh Jones, OT, Houston (88)
30. Grant Delpit, S, LSU (88)
31. Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota (87)
32. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU (87)
33. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State (87)
34. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson (87)
35. Austin Jackson, OT, USC (86)
36. Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan (86)
37. Zack Baun, OLB, Wisconsin (86)
38. Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama (86)
39. Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC (86)
40. Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (86)
41. Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma (85)
42. Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame (85)
43. Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (85)

Finally, we see another edge rusher. Chaisson finished up his career at LSU especially strong and looks as if he could be a problem for opponents off the edge. And Epenesa isn't the quickest coming around the corner, but he is a great hands fighter and could develop into a quality starter in the NFL.

Two more quarterbacks fall here, with Love and Herbert receiving matching 89 grades. Both have a big arm and good mobility, but each also comes with some decision-making risk, too. We also see our first tight end in the class, Kmet, way back here at No. 42, one year after three broke into the top four tiers.

At the back end of this group of 22 prospects are a few potential steals with lots of upside. I love Winfield's game -- he is tough, physical tackler and can make plays on the ball, despite his smaller frame. Speaking of tackling, Edwards-Helaire is really tough to bring down, running with great contact-balance. Baun has a great motor off the edge, Pittman possesses terrific hands, and Madubuike and Gallimore are athletic interior forces on the defensive line. There's a lot to like here.

Tier 5: 19 prospects

Grades between 80 and 84. Future solid to good NFL starters but might need to serve in substitution package/situational roles early in career. Mid- to late-second-round value. I had 19 players in this tier in 2019.

44. Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU (84)
45. Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (84)
46. Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois (84)
47. Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri (84)
48. Marlon Davidson, DE, Auburn (84)
49. Josh Uche, DE, Michigan (83)
50. Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado (83)
51. A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson (83)
52. Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (83)
53. Zack Moss, RB, Utah (83)
54. Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor (82)
55. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah (82)
56. Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (82)
57. Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia (82)
58. Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin (81)
59. Terrell Lewis, OLB, Alabama (81)
60. Jacob Eason, QB, Washington (81)
61. Jason Strowbridge, DT, North Carolina (80)
62. Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (80)

Four value cornerbacks appear on the board in Tier 5, starting with LSU's Fulton. He has strong coverage skills and will mix it up in run support. We also see two more QBs here, but there are plenty of questions still around the NFL potential of Fromm and Eason.
Two guys who I really like in Tier 5: Akers and Mims. Akers shows fantastic instincts and burst, and I think he's one of the most underrated running backs in the entire draft class. And Mims has the speed and size to be a real factor in both the vertical game and the red zone.

Tier 6: 37 prospects
Grades between 70 and 79. Project as future solid starters but need time to develop, have limited upside or come with baggage. Third-round value. I had 53 players in this tier in 2019.

63. Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama (79)
64. Netane Muti, G, Fresno State (79)
65. Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia (79)
66. AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (79)
67. Jared Pinkney, TE, Vanderbilt (79)
68. Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas (79)
69. Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (78)
70. Bradlee Anae, DE, Utah (78)
71. Anfernee Jennings, OLB, Alabama (78)
72. Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington (78)
73. Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn (77)
74. Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic (77)
75. KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State (77)
76. Julian Okwara, DE, Notre Dame (76)
77. Ashtyn Davis, S, California (76)
78. Trey Adams, OT, Washington (76)
79. Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (76)
80. Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (75)
81. Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise State (75)
82. Akeem Davis-Gaither, OLB, Appalachian State (75)
83. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn (75)
84. Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton (75)
85. Kyle Dugger, S, Lenoir-Rhyne (74)
86. Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU (74)
87. Malik Harrison, OLB, Ohio State (73)
88. Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (73)
89. Troy Pride Jr., CB, Notre Dame (72)
90. K.J. Hill, WR, Ohio State (72)
91. James Lynch, DE, Baylor (71)
92. Ke'Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt (71)
93. Collin Johnson, WR, Texas (71)
94. Logan Wilson, ILB, Wyoming (70)
95. Keith Ismael, C, San Diego State (70)
96. John Simpson, G, Clemson (70)
97. Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (70)
98. Anthony McFarland Jr., RB, Maryland (70)
99. Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan (70)

Most of these players will need some time to develop, but there is plenty of reason to believe each can be an impact player at some point in the NFL. Davis is huge in the middle of the defensive line and plays with power but needs to improve his body control. Weaver produced at Boise State but hasn't shown consistent burst or pad level at this point. Hall and Hamler have plenty of talent, but there are questions surrounding injuries there. And while Hurts was extremely productive in Lincoln Riley's system at Oklahoma, concerns remain about his accuracy. There is potential in this group, but it might take a little time for these prospects to put it all together.

Cotton

Staff member
The latest Draft Network Mock has us taking:

1. K'Lavon Chaisson EDGE, LSU

2. Grant Delpit S, LSU

3. Darnay Holmes CB, UCLA

Full mock at The Draft Network

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The latest Draft Network Mock has us taking:

1. K'Lavon Chaisson EDGE, LSU

2. Grant Delpit S, LSU

3. Darnay Holmes CB, UCLA

Full mock at The Draft Network
I would take that.

Delpit's stock has really tumbled. A month ago, he was being written in as our pick at 17.

Cotton

Staff member
I would take that.

Delpit's stock has really tumbled. A month ago, he was being written in as our pick at 17.
I'm still not fully convinced he drops that far, but crazier things have happened.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'm still not fully convinced he drops that far, but crazier things have happened.
Oh, I really doubt that he does. I could still see him sneaking into the first round. But I'd bet he goes somewhere in the first ten picks of the 2nd.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm out on Delpit at 17 because he's basically a clone of Clinton-Dix, rangy, ball skills, FS-type who is pretty horrific as a tackler. It's kind of hard to envision having two guys like that starting at safety, although that's more of a short-term issue with Clinton-Dix only being on a 1 year deal.

I'd be fine with him after a trade down though, and obviously if he was there at 51 the value would be immense.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Where do I get me one of these GM jobs? This shit is easy.

DAL
17.Javon Kinlaw
DT South Carolina
DAL
51.Kyle Dugger
S Lenoir Rhyne
DAL
82.Noah Igbinoghene
CB Auburn
DAL
123.Harrison Bryant
TE FAU

Cotton

Staff member
Matt Miller's latest mock:

17. EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU

51. COWBOYS—DL Ross Blacklock, TCU

82. COWBOYS—WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan

123. COWBOYS—CB Lamar Jackson, Nebraska

164. COWBOYS—OT Hakeem Adeniji, Kansas

179. COWBOYS—TE Dalton Keene, Virginia Tech

231. COWBOYS—LB David Woodward, Utah State

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Matt Miller's latest mock:

17. EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU

51. COWBOYS—DL Ross Blacklock, TCU

82. COWBOYS—WR Donovan Peoples-Jones, Michigan

123. COWBOYS—CB Lamar Jackson, Nebraska

164. COWBOYS—OT Hakeem Adeniji, Kansas

179. COWBOYS—TE Dalton Keene, Virginia Tech

231. COWBOYS—LB David Woodward, Utah State
I could live with that. Peoples-Jones is very boom or bust, but he can also return kicks, which is a plus.

Top Bottom